alcantara retrim DONE!!!

:thumbup: after a days messing around and fidling, iv re-trimmed the three silver dash strips and the three dash air vents including center 1. my first attemp was on the drivers air vent.....went ok for first time, but i learnt and got all the others correct.

2011-07-16 19.03.41_resized.jpg

2011-07-16 19.03.48.jpg

2011-07-16 19.03.54.jpg

2011-07-16 19.04.08_resized.jpg

2011-07-16 19.04.13_resized.jpg

let me know what you think. i still have some left if anyone fancys it. just pm me.

p.s: note the drivers side is the first iv ever done! so thats why it looks like it does. ha ha. im thinking of re-doing it.

cheers

Last edited:
i havnt thought of that! hmmm ill have a gander at it cheers mate!

i did have a bash at the inside triangle mirror trim, but it wa a b*****d so i ripped it back off. i also very nearly started to do the rear door cards but stopped myself!

i think theres a few bits of trim that would suit it

i am on leave soon and theres a few panels that i am going to use the 3m carbon trim on :thumbup1:

i think theres a few bits of trim that would suit it

i am on leave soon and theres a few panels that i am going to use the 3m carbon trim on :thumbup1:

iv never used that but a lad at work has said its a pain to work with. ok for non-even surfaces though. i want to do something with the center console all round the handbrake n that. but i think it might be a bit too much and look a mess

Very nice work, where did you buy it from and how much!? Did you not fancy getting the sewing machine out for some stitching LMAO!?!?!

Very nice work, where did you buy it from and how much!? Did you not fancy getting the sewing machine out for some stitching LMAO!?!?!

erm......in a word.....no! i cant sew! so that would have been a rather big mess off stitching! got it from a place in earslheaten. a textile factory sort of warehouse. cost me £20 for 1/2 metre by 133cm

Noddie................i personally like the colour! it looks a lot different if your actually infront of it!

Cheers for the info. Is it sticky backed or did you need adhesive?

N0ddie... I quite like the colour too, but what would you have gone for out of interest? Focus RS has a rather nice green alcantara interior..... :huh:

ya can get it in any colour really, lighter grey might have looked a tiny bit better but heyy...bugger it. i used evo-stik impact. really good stuff!

Not sure tbh. If my car was white then probably white. Would do the centre console also I think.

nahhh white would look awful i think! like santas grotty! i was thinking bout doing the center console but i think its goin to be a pain! like over a day or 2 type of pain in the anus