Akrapovic problem..

Afternoon,

Spent the morning fitting an Akrapovic Evo to my 200. The system went on fine with the exception of the tailpipe trims, which are loose and rattle.

Has anyone else experienced problems with the carbon tailpipes not being a snug fit in the diffuser? And can anyone suggest a fix?

Cheers,
Jim

Had a 200 diffuser on my 197 with the Akrapovic and the exhaust trims where a great fit, just like the exhaust. Have you a photo of the diffuser before you fitted the trims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry! I won't be hacking anything to bits! The original trims are a perfect fit so I'm guessing it's not the diffuser. I've improved the fit on one side by bending the 3 prongs on the trim out a little more, but it hasn't been as effective on the other side. I'm going to drop the diffuser again over the weekend, will get some photos then.

Reactions: Beany and dolby20
I quite like the standard tips, like a wolf in sheep's clothing that way, a lá @///M
If I got one I probably wouldn't fit them as a bit overkill on a black car!
You could make some money back by selling the tips, but I can see the appeal of having them on there to show off [emoji6]

Edit: Mes has a 197 so he wouldn't use those tips anyway. What a banana I am!

Last edited:
Think it'll be something as simple as the tongs on the trims just not contacting properly
Maybe clean up the contact points when you remove the diffuser

Reactions: Jim_
mine were the same mate i siliconed them from the back easy to still remove too if you need to take them out for any reason.

Thanks for comments @Micah, @dolby20 and @R32pete!

I did think about running the stock ones but couldn't bring myself to do it. I think some more prong tweaking should do the trick, and if there's still a bit of movement I'll try a few dabs of silicon round the back. Will let you know how I get on!

Reactions: SRT40
I quite like the standard tips, like a wolf in sheep's clothing that way, a lá @///M
If I got one I probably wouldn't fit them as a bit overkill on a black car!
You could make some money back by selling the tips, but I can see the appeal of having them on there to show off [emoji6]

Edit: Mes has a 197 so he wouldn't use those tips anyway. What a banana I am!

Made my day that mate!

:smiley:

And yep, standard invisible tips OEM look on ours. Wasn't even spotted when surrounded by guys off this forum. Which tickled me.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Chuffed to bits our kid. Looks totally standard but sounds like a rally car and lost us a CHUNK of weight. :smile:

Good stuff obviously !

But what I really meant was: did you get that fuzzy, smug feeling insider knowing what you were 'hiding' : and knowing all the Clio officianados were failing to spot !! :smile: (I wouldn't have either for sure....)

***Looking forward to my first in-car Akra experience talking of this....

Good stuff obviously !

But what I really meant was: did you get that fuzzy, smug feeling insider knowing what you were 'hiding' : and knowing all the Clio officianados were failing to spot !! :smile: (I wouldn't have either for sure....)

***Looking forward to my first in-car Akra experience talking of this....

Ha, absolutely. We've got a carbon diffuser too so that area of the car got a bit of attention on the day. Mrs M and I had a good giggle.

:smile:

Mine were a bit loose too, used some Tiger Seal from the back and held them snug with tape whilst it dried. Probably a good idea anyway given the cost no doubt to replace!

Something sounds odd, you pay over 1000£ for exhaust and you have to fit it with silicone..
What exhaust seller / akrapovic says?
I had akrapovic evo in my gordini, and it was spot on. No any rattles. fitment was 10/10.