airbag deactivation

im aware that some models of the 197 have a switch on the drivers side of the dash that's hidden when the door is shut, that can be switched to de-activate the passenger airbags.
im assuming this isn't on our car due to it being an R27 and having the Recaro's?

I would also assume that the main loom behind the dash is the same across the full 197 range, so the plug for this switch should still be behind the dash panel on our R27, can anyone confirm this atall?

if so, has anyone retro fitted this switch and panel atall?
we have changed the Recaro's over to the more standard 197 seats short term, and like on the earlier 172/182 cars, you could fit a baby seat in the front and de-activate the airbag for this reason.
we would like to be able to do the same, which the point of this thread is to see if its achievable or possible?

cheers

In a nutshell Kelv I don't think it can be done. The cars fitted with Recaros don't have the switch as you have discovered and I don't think Renault use the same looms across the different variants.

someone else maybe able to confirm for def.

Have you removed the panel to see if the little brown connector is there? I have to ask, why do you want this feature?

says above Mick, wants to fit a baby seat :wink:

I'll give you that one fat boy ;-)

I'm sure Renault have a transponder coded booster seat for this situation which deactivates the passenger bag but not a baby seat (I don't believe infants are supposed to be in the front but don't quote me on this point).

I didn't think Danny was that fat, lol :wink:

Mick, maybe not required instantly, but as time progresses it would be handy.
at this stage, no I haven't removed that panel, when I had a quick peek the other day my finger power wasn't strong enough, but I'll have a closer inspection in a few days when I can be bothered to go and unlock the car :smile:

He's not fat... but he should be (amount of ****e he eats). Covering everything in chilli sauce seems to work for him hehehe.

If needs be the passenger srs unit can be permanently be decoded but I'm sure a transponder seat is available.

I know the wires are there as i've removed that plastic panel a few times hunting for a rattle and fitting a Parrot hands free kit (though not in that order). The switch is covered/blanked off in mine too as i've the Recaros.