Aerial swap for DAB

Has anyone swapped the standard fit aerial for a DAB version?. I have changed the headunit for a Pioneer DAB one but the front windscreen mounted aerial that was supplied is hopeless in my area. No signal at all on my drive and not even great out on the main roads near home. I've done a similar job on my T6 van but the roof panels on that were simple to lower down to get access , it transformed the signal so i'm hoping for a similar improvement with the Clio. The Clio headlining looks a fair bit better attached than the van parts so I'm hoping someone has maybe a few photos or an order to remove things!

Any help and advice on headliner removal / aerial swaps would be greatly received.

20210206_122208.jpg

Few questions if you dont mind. Does it do FM as well?. Do you have to buy the extension cables to get to the front? If so , what did you get?.
Looks good by the way!
Whats the best way to get access to fit it?

Yeah, the one plug is FM and the other is DAB. You will need to run an extension to the front as there isn’t one in the car already. I didn’t buy the aerial for its DAB capabilities, just for looks. I imagine a MK4 cable would work if you could source one.

You need to drop the rear of the headliner and the drivers side c pillar trim. The aerial has a retaining nut that you undo and it comes off the roof.

Thinking about it, it might be that the second cable is for sat nav and the original coax will do dab and FM. Worth a try.

Similar Thread Suggestions