Advice and opinions needed

I thought there was a 2 week rule for insurance claims outside this it's very difficult to prove either way due to possible tampering with the damage. The law states a time limit for making claims check out your policy.. you might be surprised !

this happened to me back in 2011

the driver t boned me at a junction, however no witnesses but the damage was pretty convincing to support the fact i was t boned.

he admitted liability there and then we both shared details.

i went straight to insurance and they started the process of claiming....

months later no pay out no contact by my insurance they eventually tell me that the other insurance company had no knowledge of the claim being made.

week after that phone call i receive a letter in the post taking me to a small claims court for damages done to this guys car.

went to court and the lies, the sheer lies this guy said i apparrently over took him at 80mph at a junction when he was turning right.

i had no witnesses and because i was driving faster then he was the judge went by our stories together i landed 2/3 of the blame.... because i was the younger driver i was definitely at the hands of age discrimination being a younger driver im more likely to be at fault.

all i can say as advise is take this guy to court and hope that you got enough evidence to support your claim dont settle on 50/50.