Accelerator Pedal

danrst

Paid Member
I did a search but couldn't find anything. Why does the accelerator have effectively a dual stage, where you push down and it goes a little further. Is it to go with the speed limiter?

It's to switch off the speed limiter/cruise control. Don't think it has any more effect on the throttle

I think i've read it makes a small difference. I think throttle reads about 97% before the stop and 100% after that.

I read in the manual that if you put your foot flat (past the second stage) if that's what you wana call it allows you to change down a gear or 2 for quick over taking?

Some auto's tend to have it for 'kick down' so I'd imagine that's what the book is referring to so isn't relevent with the Renault Sport models.

[MENTION=4181]Chrisgti6[/MENTION] you may be correct, I didn't pay much attention to it but I did see it briefly, it did mention something about 'kickdown'

The 'extra bit' at the bottom is a kickdown for automatics. Allows the driver to force a downshift to make overtaking easier. It is left in on some cars to keep the manufacturing costs cheaper since every car uses the same components

Sorry guys for digging this up from the grave, but I noticed that my 200 N/A acts like it has two different engine maps, it's especially noticeable when rev matching. Engine is very unresponsive and inert , slow to pick up revs until I press the pedal through to the second stage of travel ( this could put the car into a sports mode of sots ), after that it becomes much more rev happy and makes the whole heel and toe ordeal much easier to pull off. Did anyone else notice something similar or am I rambling ?