Abs light after rear disc change?

Hello

Last night i changed the rear discs on my R27 For new Renault ones as my last ones had started to rot.I also fitted new pads.

My question is the abs light is now on then off is this anything to worry about or will it go off after a few miles or so , ive driven 15 miles still on so far.

anyone who has changed there's it would be a huge help.

Leigh

if its coming on then its not getting a signal back form either of the rear discs - could be a loose connection/faulty sensor/faulty excitor ring

also check and make sure there isnt any excessive bearing play on the discs

i cant remember what the rear sensors are like on the rear but if there like the fronts they only push into a spring clip so can get dislodged

It went off for like 3 seconds then came back on.

I will keep tabs on it next few days if not will whip them off again.

Leigh

It went off for like 3 seconds then came back on.

I will keep tabs on it next few days if not will whip them off again.

Leigh

if the abs light is on you also have no esp as they use the abs sensors as well and in extreme braking you wont have any electronics to rescue you - just normal braking with no "anti-lock" :huh:

Im driving slow and low till i discover if its going off , if not i will check it all over , the rear discs have only coverd 14 miles , :worried: , Hope the light goes off

Im driving slow and low till i discover if its going off , if not i will check it all over , the rear discs have only coverd 14 miles , :worried: , Hope the light goes off

the system self checks when you first start up and also as you set off (at low speed for the sensors etc) - once moving if theres a fault the light comes on :thumbdown:

Found the problem to be the Abs rings are dammaged , can i buy these to replace as im unsure ?

Need some help with that , ?