Abarth Punto Evo

Any thoughts on this at from anyone?

Always kind of fancied it, packs a bit more torque
And kit inside than my 200 cup.

Anyone owned/driven?

CHeers

...they look a bit lame to me...parked near one yesterday....breaks don't look upto much and I doubt the driving experience will be as good as the Clio even with up front torque....I you want turbo characteristics I would look at a Meg 225/250.....

I had the Abarth Grande Punto for 2years before the Clio.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348751243.614385.jpg
Brilliant car and the Evo has only improved on it.
180bhp if you go for the esseesse version (which is what i had) but is much faster feeling than the Clio due to the turbo delivery.
Brakes are the same as the clio so stops very well, the disks on the esseesse are drilled so I found them a lot better tbh.
Interior is a much nicer place to be and has ALL the gadgets you could wish for as standard!
Add to that a TMC box and mine was running 235bhp.
The Evo esseesse comes with Koni suspension upgrades now which my AGP didn't have and that would have been my only criticism. Slightly more damping needed on track but on the road was spot on.
I did a few track days in mine without issue (only probs I had were down to me modifying it a little too much).

Cracking car BUT I do think it looked a little 'Chav' with the white wheels etc.

...they look a bit lame to me...parked near one yesterday....breaks don't look upto much and I doubt the driving experience will be as good as the Clio even with up front torque....I you want turbo characteristics I would look at a Meg 225/250.....

...apologies....the car I saw was a SEAT Ibiza Cupra....getting confused...not seen one of these in the flesh but the pic shows an interesting car!

And why did you swap to a Clio ?

Tbh I fancied a change. I put nearly 60,000 miles on the clock in 2years so was pretty bored of it by then.
I miss the turbo though but hopefully when I sort my little niggles out with the Clio I'll be ok.
They are a cracking little car though (the Abarth) and for a 1.4 you really can't fault it.

Arrgggh just seen the new fiesta ST.
Can't stretch to that budget but reckon I
will be departing from the clio early
next year. Abarth evo esseesse I think
it may have to be

I really like the the AGP (seems better than keep writing Abarth Grande Punto as has been used above), but they are few and far between. Dealers are the same. Just didn't have the sparkle the Clio had to make me go further and pursue a test drive. A mate of mine has a 1.4 T-Jet Sporting and it's a great car, really has put up with a lot from him too, he doesn't go easy on it at all.