A very uncomfortable Jimmy Carr on 8 out of 10 cats

:smile: reminded me of Andus Deacon with his escapade and getting stick on have got news lol

nice to see comedians being able to take what they dish out.

What actually happened with it? Not heard anything about this story, but I have been on holiday.

Apparently Jimmys accountant told him to pay £120k, that was supposed to be taxed, to a scheme where he only had to pay £3k in tax. In affect paying 1% in tax.

Its not against the law but obviously the prime minister is using him as a scape goat so we forget what a horrible mess the economy is in even though they say they know what they are doing.

If somebody offered me a deal of 1% tax I'd quite literally nibble their hands off for it. :smile:

I don't blame him, best of luck to him. It's a bit of a shame the media have made a show of it, I'm sure many others do it.

I watched it. Was class.

If I could get a way with paying 1% tax I'd jump at the chance to.

Yep, I'd be straight on the 1% band wagon if I had an accountant that could sort it for me. I mean who really at the end of the month says "wow, I'm so glad I paid all that tax this month, it's such a great investment in what I get back..."

its an off-shore "k" account....

basically they are employed by the off-shore at a low wage so pay low tax....then the company "loan" them money

I agree with others, who wants to pay tax? I pay enough in road tax and dodge more than enough pot holes on a daily basis. We see where tax money goes and don't like it. So therefore I dont think he did anything wrong.

Jimmy should have given Cameron the middle finger.

I saw an headline in one of the papers yesterday said 'cameron is a ****'

Not exactly news is it?