A slightly tired Leon

So after the beating the car got on the weekend she is showing signs of stress lol heard the other half turn up and reverse on to the drive and it makes a hi squeak noise when reversing and breaking. I'm guessing staying out for as long as I did on my last run has buggered the breaks (half way through they went off but got carried away :/ ) so guessing new pads and fluid or would the disks be warped?

Could be a few things really. I doubt you've warped the discs (it's not as common as people think). You're more likely to have left a pad build up on the discs if you've yanked on the hand brake and left it when you got back to the pits with still hot brakes.

Fluid wouldn't give you a squeaky noise, so unless your pedal is feeling mushy it's probably not that either. You may have cooked/worn out the discs/pads. Give them a quick look over and see how much thickness you've got on the pads and discs. I've found on a few occasions I've just glazed my brakes, and they've squeaked a little after a track day, but a bit of bedding in/normal use sorts it out.

Cheers robo will have a play over Xmas I think. I did make the big no no of putting the handbrake on so that must not have helped at all. Other than that she seems fine :smile:

chances are you need to just strip and clean the pads down as well as giving them a light sanding.

Cheers robo will have a play over Xmas I think. I did make the big no no of putting the handbrake on so that must not have helped at all. Other than that she seems fine :smile:

Haha, it's an easy mistake, especially on your first track day. It's just natural to yank it up before you get out of the car, I won't lie.. I've done it :smiley:.

Plenty of cool down laps and parking on a flat service (pit garage) is best practice. Hopefully your brakes will be starting to clear up by now, if not like MP said you could pop them off and give them a quick go over with some sand paper to freshen them back up again :smile: