Hi,

was looking into doing the following

ITG panel filter (already installed)
64mm TB
Match Inlets

and then either

Decat with standard exhaust

or

cat back with sports cat (KTR or miltek)

then finished off witha remap

my question is would these mods by any good together, has anyone done similar and what results have they got? is the exhaust worth the extra money as i don't want it to be much louder then Standard?

also from what I've been reading, the decat passes the MOT still?

Thanks

Similar to whatI have on my 200 pal I am currently running around 200 bph without map once mapped ill post a progress thread just need Dan to map it @sideways danny :thumbup1:

Last edited:
similar as me too on my 200, expect ktec induction kit, cat back with decat, 64mm TB. getting it mapped on 22nd so will let you know.

Hi, this is just my opinion, but what are you looking to gain? 10-15bhp? Better throttle response? The next is what is the purpose of this? To go faster? Or just to talk about in the pub. Sorry to sound cruel but these little cars are already at their limits and the gain per buck spent is marginal. Money is better spent on the things that really make a big difference. Put decent tyres on as power is nothing without control. Get the geometry sorted and if you want to get the best out the car, change the suspension and get it setup. The overall package is good, better than a lot of brands, so does not really need improving. Buy petrol and learn to use the car, do some track days, get some tuition and learn to get the best from what is already a good package. Or save your money towards a better car. I know modifying cars is a hobby, I have a very big tee shirt, but unless you run a turbo car, your going to spend a lot for very little. Sorry to be cruel but the money I have wasted throughout the years would of bought me a new Ferrari. Hence I am now in a Clio 200 that I just fuel and abuse.

Grumpy old man :smile:

You should fee up a few BHP and the decat should pass a mot if your emissions are ok,Most catback's and sports cats are a lot louder than standard.

thanks for the info, and its only gonna cost few 100 and make it feel a lil better (even if its just in my head lol) and i also like to have a play taking my car to bits and putting some new parts on, not done it in a while :smile:

with regards to handling i have contis all round with cup racer alloys, eibach proline springs and ordering a front struct brace, wheel spacers 50mm and my brakes are ferado ds2500 all round, recaros along with some other stuff. i was gonna buy a new car but saving for a deposit on a house so cant afford it at the min.

Similar Thread Suggestions