A big hello from South Shields

Hi everyone

Just signed up after a large hiatus away from the the world of Renaultsports. Previously I’ve owned a 1993 1.8 16V, a 2005 black 182 and a 2011 Albi Blue 200 FF

Currently I’m driving a mk7 Golf GTI (company car) which has been on a 4 year deal only going back in January. For the last at least 2 years of ownership I’ve dreamed of getting back into the Renaultsports and once again owning a 200.

So what’s my plan? Keep my ear to the ground, search the internet religiously (and in particular this site) and pray that the right 200 comes up late in December / early January which meets my requirements. That being;

A Raider or a FF 200 with Cup chassis with;
Year: 2011 - 2012
Mileage: max 35k (preferably <25k)
Colours: Racing blue / Storm grey / (Matt grey if Raider)
Interior: Recaros (leather Recaros if Raider)
Wheels: Speedlines (or 18” R26R if Raider)
Tomtom Sat Nav (a very nice to have)

I think that’s it I know I’m not asking much!

Budget will be whatever is necessary to find the right car but I’m aiming for £10k

I’ve already spoken to Steve Murr on this site and after seeing some of his recent cars ‘For Sale’ I’m now filled with confidence the right car is out there waiting for me

After that I will be seeking everyone’s advice here on how to accessorise, modify, detail etc the car

If anyone reading this owns a Raider with low miles and are thinking about selling please contact me

Thanks for having me in this group Lee

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi everyone

Just signed up after a large hiatus away from the the world of Renaultsports. Previously I’ve owned a 1993 1.8 16V, a 2005 black 182 and a 2011 Albi Blue 200 FF

Currently I’m driving a mk7 Golf GTI (company car) which has been on a 4 year deal only going back in January. For the last at least 2 years of ownership I’ve dreamed of getting back into the Renaultsports and once again owning a 200.

So what’s my plan? Keep my ear to the ground, search the internet religiously (and in particular this site) and pray that the right 200 comes up late in December / early January which meets my requirements. That being;

A Raider or a FF 200 with Cup chassis with;
Year: 2011 - 2012
Mileage: max 35k (preferably <25k)
Colours: Racing blue / Storm grey / (Matt grey if Raider)
Interior: Recaros (leather Recaros if Raider)
Wheels: Speedlines (or 18” R26R if Raider)
Tomtom Sat Nav (a very nice to have)

I think that’s it I know I’m not asking much!

Budget will be whatever is necessary to find the right car but I’m aiming for £10k

I’ve already spoken to Steve Murr on this site and after seeing some of his recent cars ‘For Sale’ I’m now filled with confidence the right car is out there waiting for me

After that I will be seeking everyone’s advice here on how to accessorise, modify, detail etc the car

If anyone reading this owns a Raider with low miles and are thinking about selling please contact me

Thanks for having me in this group Lee
HI Lee contact @Steve Murr re Clio

Welcome, I am sure you will source a great example with a budget like that. I also want to get back into a Renault sport in the near future.

I have no doubt Steve will find you the right car, it's just a matter of when.
Welcome back anyway, always good to see new and returning members - Renault must have done something right!

Hi Lee, welcome to the forum! As you rightly say, the perfect car will be out there waiting for you, it will just take some patience and determination. You have a healthy budget, which will really work in your favour.

And as above, great to see that the RS bug has bitten and you're happy to come back!

Anything we can help with, please ask away!

Welcome aboard Lee; and it's good (Worrying ?) to hear the Clio RS bug never leaves you.......... :smile:

Good luck finding the 'special' example you're clearly searching for.

Enjoy your stay here.