9000 rpm

This theoretically endows the F4R motor with 9,000 rpm / 300 bhp plus potential when built using upgraded forged crankshaft, connecting rods and pistons.

and the rest, would need some serious head work I think.

Wonder what sort of price for the whole works would be!
Be lovely to see one done but I'm sure its very costly!

Wonder what sort of price for the whole works would be!
Be lovely to see one done but I'm sure its very costly!

I've only ever known one guy go for big NA power and that cost quite a bit more than a Meg conversion and still only got to about 240bhp, iirc needed ported head and bigger valves along with a slight overbore and piggyback ECU as well as god knows what else.

It's a commendable aim though, there's nothing quite like NA especially if it revs like a bike :smiley:

Surely if you were going to do it properly, it would be forged internals with a high-comp set up, gas flowed head with lightweight valves, port matching, some nice big ITBs and a proper stand alone ECU. The old VAG 2.0 16V engines can do 230-240 with that set up and the head on them is rubbish, the engines which they used in the 90's Audi BTCC cars were similar though which better flowing heads

I know someone that has recently built an F4r 830 with the the Cat Cam follower kit. He's currently running 270bhp on the dyno and sunk way more than 10k into it.

To fit these the head needed extensive work including some slots machined into it to allow clearance of the followers to actually fit. Goes without saying that you need to go the whole hog with the engine build and it's not road car material either.

Last edited: