64mm TB - is it worth it?

As above really.
I've seen a few people have them and I was just wondering if it's a worthwhile mod to do?
Seems reasonable price wise but what are people's opinions on this?
And also is it easy to fit? I am pretty shocking when it comes to anything mechanical lol.

Cheers.

Ashley.

(I thought I'd posted this last night but my phone is not finding it so apologies if it's here somewhere)

Some people say yes. Some people say no. Think this is one thats down to personal choice. I was gonna get one but was talked out by a few peoples reviews.

As for fitting. Looks like an easy job.

the discussion came up on the twingo board years ago. i always voted against it, as in my tests with the scangauge the MAP (manifold air pressure) still was equal to ambient air pressure at 7000rpm and not even fully opened throttle...

the clio has the same throttle body, but has bigger displacement. but then again, the twingo was able to breathe freely with less than full throttle. so on fully opened TB it should still be more than sufficient for the clio.

a bigger bore TB might feel different though, as it lets more air through at smaller TB opening angles. so it feels like the car is having more grunt as you don't need to push the throttle as far as you are used to. on the other hand you won't feel any difference between 3/4 and fully upen throttle, as the engine can suck in freely at 3/4 opened throttle up to the redline.

absolute doddle to fit mate,4 screws,a plug and a jubilee clip,

as for performance,pretty much everyone says it gives more mid range torque,i'll be honest and say on my car i didn't really notice this but i have other mods that may have contributed to that,63mm seems to be the size to go for,a few lads have said it feels better,mines been mapped with the 64mm TB on though so i'll be sticking with it,personally think it does probably help slightly and the thing with these cars is all gains are small and not that noticeable but they all add up in the end

More oomph in the lower regions of the rev range, that's the whole point of it really. :smile:

It's not a bolt on 10BHP mod, there's no such thing for this engine, but when used with other mods then this can only help to let the engine breath a bit easier when it needs it most. On the bum dyno, the only one that matters, it makes a difference. But as always with these engines, gains and improvements are hard to come by...

A mix then lol.
It's a cheap mod and will help slightly where it counts is really what I was hoping for:smile:
These engines are never going to produce big figures (had 1 a few years back and tbh it's why I came back to one). I spent so much on my last car and it was so weak that things kept needing replacing.
I think I'll get this then guys:smile:

Thanks for te quick replies. Much appreciated.

just as a thought.

has anyone thought about asking him to trade your old one?

so you send him the old one after you have change it?

may knock the price down.

He doesn't generally hold them in stock as such.

The usual course is to send him one to bore out and return.

Thats my point, if he buys one.

you buy it done and send yours back to him.

he part refunds you on receipt.

Well I was outbid at the last second!!
Luckily the guy messaged me and had another:smile:

Can't wait to get this on now.

Cheers for the advice guys.