600 miles of running in!

Blaaady hell! Looks like I'll be having a 50 mile trip after football then, I'm seeing that shifting light and hearing that shifting beep today! Ha

I wouldn't worry about The other 50 miles tbh,

I would have buried my right foot by now lol

Go and have some FUN ( safely )

I wouldn't worry about The other 50 miles tbh,

I would have buried my right foot by now lol

Go and have some FUN ( safely )

yeh - 50mile nah dont worry !

to be honest if i had a new one it would of been redlined by now :thumbup1:

I must admit I've had a few little squirts overtaking some very slow pensioners! i've taken it very easy with it until now though thought I'd best go by what it says in the book just to be safe.

agree with jaxx. oil change every 3k there after. ull see y wen u see the oil lol

Oil after 4500 miles (at my 6k change)

EXP_20100627_489.jpg

I dont recommend going with Renaults 12,000mile change with this engine, unless your a complete tool and drive like a flid under 4k revs everywhere lol

exactly, i think its a plot by renault to make component wear faster so u have to give them more cash in future IMO only

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just under 5. and I just get castrol 5w 40 from kwik fit. its free so i cant argue lol

I'd start using it a bit more fruitly, but what ever you do make sure the engine is hot hot hot! I wouldn't go out your way JUST to go out and thrash it because you have hit 600 miles, just drive it how you would a normal car. Then, after a few more miles using the full rev range, I'd ring it's neck! Lol! Just personal opinion, I'm no mechanic!

I plan to pick my car up from the dealer, let the engine warm up and then drive it like normal, steady at times and foot to the floor when the road is clear and twisty !!

I think running in of new cars is a bit pointless.

I took my Cooper in for a service on Thursday and was given a brand new Cooper with 200 miles on the clock as a loan car, There was no mention of taking it easy "because it was in the running in period" from the salesman, and of course I gave it some stick. I am sure this car will be fine also.

Also watched a programme the other day on making the Ferrari 599, first thing they do with those when they are built is take them out on the test track and ring their necks, So that kind of shows that modern performance engines are bang on from the word go.

get it driven :smile:

Running it in, ha!

The car's been sat idling for hours during its build, shuffling around the factory and storage, waiting at docks, ferry, UK compounds, delivery and a the dealers - no doubt been thrashed a few times already by various monkeys along the way.

I'll be using it hard as soon as the oil is hot, the point about not sustaining constant RPM under load is the most important one to follow.

Last edited:
^^^^^ that's the way I saw it. I was told to do it by the dealers they said if u want it to run sporty boot it from warm and it will learn.