4 New Tyres soon....

OK I have a little life still left in my tyres all round but not much....so Im going to replace all 4 and hope to sort out a good deal.

So what do people recommend? When I replaced the front two last time I stuck with Conti's and they have been good but cost wise they seem to be going up and up.

Toyo??? Had them in the past and been very impressed!

Anything else?

Cheers

Hughsie

Everyone seems to be raving about Federal 595s at the moment. I will be getting a set for my Speedlines, and puting my conti's on my raiders soon.

Around £90 a corner in 225s

Federal 595 RS-R's, trackday summer tyre thats on par with the Toyo R888's. I just got a full set of 225's fitted for £408 .

The other alternative is the Hankooks, very good tyre in all weathers, I preferred these, over the conti's and they were around 70 a corner.

Federal 595 RS-R's, trackday summer tyre thats on par with the Toyo R888's. I just got a full set of 225's fitted for £408 .

The other alternative is the Hankooks, very good tyre in all weathers, I preferred these, over the conti's and they were around 70 a corner.

Brave man getting a summer tyre, it rains all year round here lol

I've had T1r's, not bad but the 595's are a different league to them.

595rsr.jpg

I put 4 new Hankook V12's on a few months back and think they are very good for the money. Was going to put Continental SP5's on but changed my mind at the last minute due to other users reviews of them.
Just thought I would give them a try.
Some people get put off because they are about half the price of premium brands so they must be "mid-range" or "budget". They may not be as good in all area tests as premium but they are very close and the cost mean's more cash in the pocket.
Think they wear better as well but I cannot comment on that for a bit yet.

It must be pointed out that companies such as continental charge a premium not because their tyres are that much better but because they can get away with charging that much.. The big brands are all in bed together.

Another vote for Hankook V12's. Got them on the back and they grip like crazy, granted they are not being worked as hard as the front tyres but they appear to be punching above their weight.

I was looking at the 595's last week but couldn't find any feedback on them , so I bought toyo 888's , I had them fitted last week and although I haven't driven it much since , when I have they have impressed me , I am yet to see what they are like in the rain , but so far so good.

I bought them from Camskill and they were £560 a set delivered and paid £20 to have them fitted

Don't you only get 5mm with the federals? That was one thing that made me go for the ad08s as you get 8mm

the side wall of my federals has already ripped after having them fitted before todays trackday, could have been a faulty tyre as it was only one of them but still not too happy

A lot of the tyres people are mentioning seem to be track orientated?

I want something that I can use all year round.....any other suggestions. My car will mostly be driven on Welsh 'B' roads so weather can be anything!

A lot of the tyres people are mentioning seem to be track orientated?

I want something that I can use all year round.....any other suggestions. My car will mostly be driven on Welsh 'B' roads so weather can be anything!

T1-R are a good road tire and the R1-R are better still. I tried both on my DC2 and both perform really well in the wet with the R1-r a fair bit better in the dry, would not be so sure about R1-r in snow etc. but T1r copes reasonably well if you are sensible.
J

could be wrong but i think ben_r1 has same sort of prob with the federals

Too many people are running the federals at the wrong pressures for the loading, they are designed to run at nearer standard tyre pressures during all applications, not lower track tyre temps as some people have been running them.

Have a look at the PDF on their website to get the best out of them, thats all I did and have never had any issues