4 new tyres fitted, check esp light came on twice!

No. Had a load of suspension work done on it this week but that warning only came on after I fitted the new tyres and had the tracking done.

no the ecu doesnt need to re-calibrate...fitted my 225/45 yokohama tires and never had any of the above mentioned issues..the tire width has nothing to do with that..did it go into limp mode??

The tyre width will make the overall diameter bigger and therefore the rear axle will be rotating at a slightly different speed than before (more so than worn tread to new tread). Might not be an issue if you change 215 all round to 225 all round because the difference will be uniform

Last edited:
sorry to hear that..you will get it sorted in no time and the romance is back :thumbup:
we all have been there..it gets sorted and you love it again.

if in doubt and all the guessing get it plugged in to read the ecu codes....

tyres don't always have a "fit this side out" or rotational arrows on it all depends on the tread pattern and/or construction they are symmetrical or asymmetrical etc

At the risk of jumping the gun I think the problem is sorted. Whoever done the tracking completely ballsed it up,the readings where way off when hooked up to the 4 wheel laser alignment. Was on the motorway home and no warning lights and the steering wheel is now centred, I hope that's the end of this. I have the before and after printout in the car.
and for anyone else wondering about the fitting markings on the tyres there is a TINY bit of writing on the sidewall with loads of different languages on it, the last language is English and it says exterior on it!

Good to hear!

When you posted this pic up with the tyres, I went out and looked at mine cos I have the same tyre, couldnt find it lol! I assumed there was jusst an interior marking for the fitters.

Look on the other side of the tyre. There is a HUGE inside written on it. You'd have to be an idiot to put Eagle F1s on the wrong way round.

I always use Modern Tyres on Mill Street Newtownards for my alignment checks. Good folks who know what they are at. Not too far from Belfast either.

Last edited: