Don't know Clio's very well , but those are cup wheels ?
I bought it with the motor in pieces . Looks to have run a bearing . Engineering shop also said bores were oval !! When I measured them they didn't seem to bad . Going to rebuild myself , maybe lighten a few bits .

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Don't know Clio's very well , but those are cup wheels ?
I bought it with the motor in pieces . Looks to have run a bearing . Engineering shop also said bores were oval !! When I measured them they didn't seem to bad . Going to rebuild myself , maybe lighten a few bits .
Mines on cup dampers & springs and has the cup alloys but it's not a "cup" model, someone correct me if this is not the case

Don't know Clio's very well , but those are cup wheels?

At first congratualtions to the car.

The ones on yours are Cup rims. Presumably the 7,5x17 ones. There are also 8x17 ones from the motorsport Cup Clios existing but they aren't road legal from what I know (at least not in Germany).

From what I know your version should have actually come with Bebop rims (see the overview link in my signature) but maybe the Cup ones were an extra option.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
It seems to indicate 20th anniversary ! But seems to have some of the options of the Edition 20 . Like the rims and red calipers
I did buy it from the first owner and I don't think he changed anything , may be he specked it like that at purchase time .

No problem.

Red calipers are normally an indication that the car has the cup suspension/pack but there are also exceptions to this. Of course the red calipers could also have been added later on or just got resprayed for the looks. But if you say you think it came like that I'm not doubting it as there are so many different specs for different countries that it just gives me a headache. I'd say not even the guys in Dieppe could answer what they've thrown at which car exactly.

There's also a 20th Anniversary Limited Edition for Australia existing which isn't mentioned in my overview. It was limited to 30 cars and has an own badge similar to the Editon 20. I've the impression by now that the 20th Anniversary Special and Limited Edition are actually the same and just got marketed under a different name with slightly different specs. It's simply confusing.

After a short search I've found this youtube video with still shots of the ZA 20th LE and it looks exactly like yours.

So I'd guess you're right when you say it came like that.

Last edited:
Impressed , really appreciate the info

Mine is the pearlescent white , not sure if that makes any difference .

Can you point me in the direction of an 830 or 832 engine rebuild . All I can find is the 172 and 182 .

Please note that I've slightly edited the info about the Australian version above.

I'm trying to collect infos about the special editions but I'm getting more confused as deeper I delve into this matter.

The colour code should be TE QND for all 20th versions. The direct translation is "Pearlescent Frost White" but from what I got it's actually "Ice White" for the English (speaking) market(s).

Sorry, can't help you about the rebuild but there are some knowledegable guys around here that surely can hook you up. The only thing I know is that you should change the bearing shells of the crank shaft if you're with it as the original ones are just pressed in. They've the tendency to turn in their sockets which leads to blocking the oil flow (feeding holes) with the respective result. Switch them to some with a "nose" and rework the block accordingly (key and slot/tongue and groove principle).

Something like that.
PowerlessRipeJoey-max-14mb.gif

Last edited:
Me too. Actually even during our conversation here. See the part about the colour in the last post above that I've just added.

Didn't knew the colour is called "Ice White" in English so far.