2nd hand exhaust manifold

Hi all,

bought a 2nd hand manifold off eBay for £90 it is cup racer so has no cat. Anyway the photo only showed the front and when it arrived it was dented. I emailed the seller and he said yes just from removal it will be fine. So what's your opinion on it. Here are photos of the dents and the two flexis

image_zpsb43b4b97.jpgD

sounds like he tried to cover up and he didn't tell you i would tell him that it was miss description but if he gave you back £30 you will forgot the whole thing. or you want money back and open a claim with paypal.

I wouldn't be bothered about that tbh. 5 minutes with a hammer and flat end chisel will sort that.

Not worth the hassle of raising a dispute. The flexi looks fine to me, 1-2 broken wires won't harm.

I wouldn't be bothered about that tbh. 5 minutes with a hammer and flat end chisel will sort that.

Not worth the hassle of raising a dispute. The flexi looks fine to me, 1-2 broken wires won't harm.

Just don't like dishonest people.
i would not dispute for the sake of the money...he should be reported to e bay

So has the seller been dishonest? Would you return it? That's what I mean? These dents were hidden are they something worth starting a case or?

Very brief. Also had two picks one from the top of the manifold as if it were fitted (opposite side to dents) and one photo showing the inside of the empty cat.

Heres description

Clio Cup Race 3 Manifold

from cup race car

manifold does not have internal cat

Renault sport part

according to the OP there was no mention of any dents and he did not take a picture of any dents. he was clearly covering up.

That is it. Item number was 261345254303 if you want to check still there. Would post a link but on my phone. What do you think I should do then?

some here say it does not matter, depends what you bothered about?
if you want money off ask him otherwise i would say just bad feedback or at least not positive.

If you haven't left feedback, then leave negative feedback. I wouldn't start a case, I'd be expecting a £90 racer manifold to have taken a battering with the way those cars get driven up over those track curbs.

Just messgae and at least get your postage money back. I'd be happy then

Okay so in everyone's opinion the dents won't affect it or cause a problem in the Lon run? They are worse in person but not much more.

Are you just complaining because you have bought something you now don't need? It is eBay, it is a used part off a race car. If you were after a new one with no dents, perhaps a new one should of been bought. I'm not defending the seller, but I think you need to realise what you are buying and where from, the clues are all there in the description. Had it said new and unused and you paid a lot of money for it yes, I could see your frustration. Someone has offered to take it from you so accept an offer, move on and next time check what you are buying. Cruel I know but, sometimes it is the way.