220bhp.

Just wondering.

I already have ITG panel filter, K-tec decat cat back.

I was looking into some cat cams and a re-map from k-tec. Maybe even with the maxogen in there too. Would this get me to around that figure?

I feel standard the car was slightly under powered on track, even around a circuit like castle combe. A bit more poke and it would be perfect.

Is that a realistic target? Or will I be hugely disappointed and annoyed at spending the money?

It all depends on how good your engine is standard. Ive seen some car running 170ish standard and few 190ish.

You'd be looking at around 210BHP with Cams and a Maxogen.

The word on the street is that the standard injectors start to give up around 210BHP so that's about your limit unless you changed them. To get in the region of 220BHP you'd need ITBs or headwork or higher compression or a mixture of the three... Or a Megane conversion or a Supercharger. Once you start looking at ITBs and such like it probably makes more sense financially to go down the F/I route to be honest, unless you're an NA Puritan...

Yeap, 220bhp is quite difficult to be achieved with only cams, maxogen, exhaust and other small tweaks...There are reports on the region of 210bhp though. Again, as Ryan mentioned, it depends from your engine's original output. If you are one of the very few lucky ones whose car produces 200bhp from start then it's a different story (Ktec did a 215bhp but they started from 200bhp...).

Also depends if you pick an optimistic dyno operator for your results......

Ive been caught out a couple of times in the past

Also depends if you pick an optimistic dyno operator for your results......

Ive been caught out a couple of times in the past

wise words mike,my car runs a rounded up 203bhp at RS Tuning with the mods you've mentioned and its each to there own but its common Knowledge that they are the most accurate honest rollers out there,to put that in perspective my car runs 218bhp on rollers at a garage close to me,at the end of the day mate dyno's are there to see what improvement has been made,before and after figures

Just had mine done at K-Tec and it's was 185.7 before map, with decat on standard exhaust, itg panel filter and remap I got 199.4

He says that with Cams and Maxogen I'd be looking for 212-215

Just had mine done at K-Tec and it's was 185.7 before map, with decat on standard exhaust, itg panel filter and remap I got 199.4

Out of interest how much did ktec charge??

cracking figures there mate,a good strong motor,you got a graph?

Cheers!

She's more eager, but smoother to drive and I love the extra 200rpm before redline too. Very nice, put it this way, my mate has a Civic Sh*te R, a previous TLGP left us completely level all the way up to the national speed limit ;-) post remap I am hoping I'll ruin him by a couple of car lengths...

PS Fuel Economy is down a couple of Miles per Gallon though, my average was 28 but since mapping on friday it has dropped to 26, might be because i'm booting it alot more again now though :smile:

your peak power seems low mate,its now 300rpm lower than it was,why did they raise the limiter if its peaking at 6550rpm?

like you say though,impressive graph as you won't need to kick the arse out of it now to get the speeds

Mine had a remap at Ktec prior to me buying it and did 203.1 bhp that's just with a of panel filter fitted. I've now removed the centre box and my flat spot is slightly improved. I've never driven another 197 so don't know how it would compare but that seemed a good improvement for a couple of hundred quid. They did say it had responded really well to the remap apparently

Similar Thread Suggestions