2015: Car Insurance

Heya Guys

Just checking insurance prices for the next year of Clio ownership to find a nasty surprise [emoji15] all quotes appear to be around £140 Higher than my current insurance and my renewal was also almost £200 more!

What the hell is happening! I now have 7 years no claims with no convictions I live in an extremely safe area,

Will fire a PM to Dan see if he can help

Anyone else experienced this recently?

Yes I received my renewal through and it's like £300 more than what I paid last time. I was shopping around and found it cheaper. Try the comparison sites then go on the cheapest website and do a new quote. That's how I do mine and the fella's.

That's exactly what I do Gemma and it usually works but I can only get it £60 cheaper than my renewal, I'll wait for the phonecalls to come through and see what the person on the other end can do, hopefully bring it down further, Last two years I've paid under £400 a year and now my quote is £520 which is frankly ridiculous I know it's not exactly a lot in the grand scheme of things but a 40% increase is blatant extortion IMO and I thought these things we're regulated!

Oh Yeh your lucky I pay £900 for 10 months. But you should be able to get it cheaper then that.

I experienced this a few weeks ago, i'm only 20 so i expected it to be high but its 1200 for the year when last year it was below 900? how does that work?

it doesn't but the insurance companies take into consideration how many 197s have been crashed. But I know what you mean I am 22 and can insure the fellas cupra cheaper than my 197.

Well I'll be 25 in a couple of weeks so that may explain the low premiums up to now haha also I live in the middle of nowhere my nearest shop is around 10 miles away, I do drive about 14k miles a years but I've always said 15k on every insurance I've bought so can't see that being the main reason :/

Also a 200 only has four seats which does make a wee difference, have to point this out to most insurers as it usually goes down as 5 seater

That is so strange then. They are just trying to make more money. Add some experience drivers on that should bring it down alot.

Renewed last month and it went from £750 to £420, I'm 23. Cost me an extra £120 to insure the 200t though

[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] That's not bad wish mine was that cheap

So I'm basically being shafted then? If someone 2 years younger can get insurance cheaper? Can I ask which company [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION]

24, 2 years NCB, 1 non-fault claim (all costs recovered from 3rd Party), 0 points and mine comes out at £900 (both parents named on policy too, although unsure if that makes a difference as I didn't get a quote without them on it).

Greenlight are full of win for me again this year. Just got an agreed value on the car for an extra £30 on top of my premium.

Love that.

+1 on Greenlight. They quoted me £630ish including my mods, with that you get cheaper trackday insurance and no admin fee or premium increase for additional mods (for the particular policy I was quoted for).

I ended up going with Sky Insurance who quoted £560, though no 'benefits' with that.

I would definitely give them a ring and see what they can do. I am 25 with 2 years no claims, zero accident claims and (now) no points :thumbup: