200cup steering wheel

I've got a 200, but I'm not a fan of the steering wheel. The rim is too thick for my tastes, and I prefer the dimensions of the cup wheel.

Are the cruise buttons mounted to the airbag unit, or the steering wheel on the 200? If so I'm assuming the wheel itself is a straight swap.

Are you mad?? Its the biggest reason to get the FF over the cup IMO.

Anyway i'm sure you will easily find someone to swap.

I believe the airbag is they same so its the wheel that has the buttons.

As far as I know, it's the wheel that holds the buttons.

So I'd need to find a wheel from a mk3 with cruise. Won't be swapping as I'll need to keep the standard wheel for when I hand the car back.

I'm a purist, not a fan of these m3 inspired thick rimmed wheels. A nice thin rimmed wheel feels far better to me.

Yeah in the 172/182's you could remove and swap the buttons.

This the kind of thing you're looking for mate?

hmmmmmmmmm i like a thick rim but personal preference i suppose.

I love the FF one, is far superior (except the peeling lol) but as mentioned; each to their own!

Im sure you will be able to pick one up without any problems!

Yeah in the 172/182's you could remove and swap the buttons.

This the kind of thing you're looking for mate?
Yep, already enquired about that one and awaiting a response. Don't get me wrong, the quality is great coming from a background of 172/182's, it's just the chunkiness I don't like.

The replies are correct in that yes the cruise buttons are on the steering wheel. Which means you wont beable to use cruise control if you chsnge to a cup wheel.

However the airbags are not the same. The airbag cover is a different shape to fit around the cruise buttons or not (in the case of the cup wheel)
Meaning you will have to buy a new airbag too.

A new airbag is £180.

I know all this because my missus bought a 200 Cup and we ordered the FF wheel as a dealer option. The dealer didnt realise we needed a different airbag until they came to fit it.

Managed to get the airbag free out of Renault customer services though :biggrin:

So I'd need to find a wheel from a mk3 with cruise. Won't be swapping as I'll need to keep the standard wheel for when I hand the car back.

I'm a purist, not a fan of these m3 inspired thick rimmed wheels. A nice thin rimmed wheel feels far better to me.

Sorry just read your reply. Thought you were swopping to a cup wheel.

Yes if you find a mk3 with cruise then your airbag will fit.

Yep, already enquired about that one and awaiting a response. Don't get me wrong, the quality is great coming from a background of 172/182's, it's just the chunkiness I don't like.

I kind of agree with you on this one. I like the wheel and it's a great soft leather finish, comfortable to hold, but I also find it a bit.....well..fat. :'(

I like a thinner rim too. I think I just find the thinner grip a little less clumsy when steering work gets a bit quicker!

Not a big issue for me, certainly not enough for me to change it, but I see where you're coming from here.

Similar Thread Suggestions