200 Tyre Wear

SnapMonkey

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
After 5000 miles, I've noticed the 'shoulders' on the front tyres are beginning to scrub off slightly and lose their shape. Other than that, the fronts are wearing pretty evenly.

Is this due to the camber / toe angle? Or a problem with set up?

So, what are the correct tyre pressures? I've been keeping them at 33psi (cold).

Is this normal?

BTW, I'm running the standard Conti CS3s, and the rears are perfect as you would expect.

Difficult taking pics of tyres, but try these! And please no one mention my dirty arches, the car is desperate for a clean!

Front:

5495491284_a83e8c92ac_b.jpg

Rear:

5494899701_b17db4251b_b.jpg

Looks fine to me too.

But, scrubber shoulders would probably indicate you've done some fast corners I think :wink:

I run mine at 30 all round, everything's wearing evenly... Apart from the shoulders which have seen some serious abuse. :smiley:

You should run a higher pressure in the front normally, due to less weight in the rear.

Depends what you're aiming for, it's an easy way to make the back end a bit looser.

I think I've probably been running something similar as I set my rears by the book and took some air out the fronts to get them down to 30 (for trackday) and haven't checked for a couple of weeks.

On my conti's they've covered about 10k using pressures by the book and for the most part have warn evenly though the fronts have definitely worn more on the outside.

Last edited: