Clio 200t, tyre skip when on on full lock

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
As per title really, is it normal for the tyres to skip on full lock when manoeuvring? That's what it feels like anyway, they skip across the tarmac like there's too much lock for the tyre to cope.

Anyone else's do that?

Yep mine does this - not a particularly pleasant noise for it to make...

I've been meaning to ask about this at Renault, it's in for a service next week so I shall ask then.

Oh that's OK then. I just wanted to know that it wasn't just my car that did it. Would be interesting to hear what Renault say. My guessing is not much!

guys look up "ackerman aligment/steering" ....you will find renault dont run to this exactly and hence you get wheel scrub/skip

Lads don't worry it's completely normal on these cars. My 182 trophy used to do it and now the 197 and meg 250 do it. It's worse when the tread is low. Brand new tyres you won't hear it.

I really think I'll be putting some wider tyres on when the originals wear out. The stretched look isn't for me. Was thinking of going to 215 or 225 depending on which provides the best speedo differences.

I'd stick with the 205 mate. Renault will have tried and tested all sizes and they have settled with that so I would in all honesty.

Good to hear you're running 215 with no issues. Have you typed your reg in to an online tyre supplier? Mine came up with the same size tyre as are fitted or the 18" which are 205/40/18.

Had a little look and the 215s will the best and they are £10-£15 cheaper than the 205s!!!!!!!!