200 steering rack and power steering issue???

My power steering is playing up where the steering becomes heavy and light at different speeds and also where sometimes it will only turn with my input meaning after a corner it will not turn back just stay where I turn it.

Question is if I get the 200 rack in my 197 is the steering motor part of the rack? And where is best place to order please, I already spoke to 2 tec in Dartford who will install it for me but only if I get the parts as it's a 200 rack into a 197.

Thank you

Ok thank you, i emailed Renault- if the power steering motor is separate then i do not need a new steering rack, hopefully someone can confirm?

I belive so..
Try @ renaultspartsdirect
Or allcarspartsfast
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
steering motor is part of the upper steering colunm

might be worth checking connections and making sure the battery/alternator are working correctly as the motor takes quite a lot of power out of the system...

might be worth checking connections and making sure the battery/alternator are working correctly as the motor takes quite a lot of power out of the system...
.....oh boy it does , its fed from one of the 60amp fuses within the battery +ve connection plug(red)