200 rear tow?

in the clio cup races airaisa ect. you see them with rear tows on the left side just above the diffuser. is there a mounting point behind the bumper there, or have they been made.

thanks
steven

It's there under the diffuser. I wouldn't go cutting the diffuser for access though. You'll notice there's a rear tow eye in the boot iirc

ah okay, so normal usage you would have to remove the diffuser to gain access? sorry if thats a stupies question.

steven

Not a stupid question. Many a time I've thought 'what happens if I go nose first into a gravel trap with no rear tow point? Suppose it'd have to be around the rear beam

Yeah, just when i was cleaning the car today and didnt see any form of removable pannel to get to a mounting point.

And as you see in the races, they always have them in the same place, but looks more into the bumper then diffuser but guess thats why there is a drop link with stock tow eye supplied in the boot.

so really if you went into gravel and went to low to remove the diffuser, your in for a mission?

Our cars have the threaded bit in the shell like the cup cars.

A front towing hook fits in, it's the same thread but you'd need the bumper off or an hole to do this.

On the cup cars they normally have a slot cut into the bumper just above the diffuser and poke the fabric section through.

I've made one using a 2003 laguna tow hook cut down and a tow strap welded onto the end then i had the choice of cutting either the diffuser or the bumper, i went for the bumper as i think cutting the diffuser it would sit a little low.