200 - Projector light fitting

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
OK very good folk of 197/200/200t.net time has come to fit a set of projector lights to my 200. Now I have the light units (thanks Steve Murr), I have the bulbs and I'm sorting the electric adjusters what I'm not sure on is the following:

Once I have the bumper off and the old lights out do the new ones simply slot/clip straight in or do I have to remove anything (other than the electric adjuster)? I've read multiple threads on here saying that either 1) no, that's all or 2) yes, the bumper supports need switching over too.

Can anybody give a definitive 100% answer to this?

Thanks.

Yes the bumper supports should be switched over, I didn't and had a bit of hassle refitting the bumper, used a couple of bolts to attach them to the headlights instead of riveting them again :smile:

Thanks.

Anybody happen to know the part numbers for these? If their only a few quid (less than £10) I'd just buy them rather than drill my current ones.

Last edited:
Paddy_R

When I click the link on your signature for changing front bulbs, I get a message "you do not have permission to access this page". Do you know why?