200: MOT Fail

My Clio 200 has failed on the rear brakes binding. They have squeaked for ages.

I know there was an old post on here about a statement from Renault regarding Clio 3 brakes and issues regarding squeaking etc.

My car is still in warranty but they are saying they cant cover the cost of fixing them, even though i know that others have had them sorted.

Today they came up with some excuse that it only covers 100 vehicles even though the original posts stated all Clio 3's

So I said to the RCS guy that I will get the VIN numbers of the peoples cars I know have had these issues sorted under warranty to compare against his list. If their vehicles arent on his list then it gives me course to have mine done. He said he cant do that.

Not impressed!

Always been serviced on time at a Renault main dealer and the brakes aren't functioning correctly, in warranty but they still wont fix it!

If it needed new disks and pads i would understand that but it doesnt!

Who else has had this issue?

Join the club in fighting inconsistent renault decisions.
Mine failed last week on a track rod end. Renault wont cover it under warranty as it is a wear and tear part. You will have a very very small chance of them covering anything to do with brakes / brake pad area, as they maintain they are a wear and tear item. Most things on their warranty are covered under mechanical defect due to manufacturing.

To see if it is covered under warranty they will stick the part number into a database and it will say something like 100% customer, so then you will have to pick up the cost.

I am in exactly the same position, and fighting abit of a losing battle.

my N/S rear caliper binds quite a lot, has done since I bought it. It went through the MOT with just an advisory on it.

Have you ever stripped and rebuilt them?

I found my rears needed doing once a year, and the fronts every 6 months or so

Never stripped them down. I know they needed doing but never got round to it.

Its been maintained as per Renault's requirements

Need to take mine down for an MOT sometime soon, wonder if it'll be the same.....

Mine failed for the same reason. I just changed the caliper pins on the front, then cleaned all the crap from the front and rear calipers.

It might not be to renaults guidelines but then there prob is none on cleaning up brakes. As has been said after a period of time ****e builds up, and only time it gets removed is when you change discs/pads. So if this aint been done then that'll be your binding. Simplest and easiest solution is to simply take out the pads and clean them up so the are free moving again.

As for Renaults service and not doing things the same, its down to the dealer and their warranty manager. Some are really good some are not. Unless you go through RUK then it will be different at every dealership as they are all franchises and not actually owned by Renault.

Also just to note as well it'll be down to the MOT tester, if you got it done at Renault then i'm not surprised they failed it the majority of other testers will prob put an advisory, They need to make money somehow!!

Not sure if this helps, but I can tell you my rear pads were replaced under warranty just after it's first year/first service - possibly early 2012, but despite searching I can't find the original post on the RS forums that prompted me to take my car in.

If I remember correctly it was a limited recall, in that the dealers would need to confirm the brakes were squeaky.

Yeah cheers Webby.

I am aware of the post and I found it again but they were not having any of it!

Its all sorted now anyway.

Not sure if this helps, but I can tell you my rear pads were replaced under warranty just after it's first year/first service - possibly early 2012, but despite searching I can't find the original post on the RS forums that prompted me to take my car in.

If I remember correctly it was a limited recall, in that the dealers would need to confirm the brakes were squeaky.