200 KTR Remap....

Hey Guys...

Well the 200 clicked over the 2000 mile mark the other day, so i decided it was time to treat it!

So...i thought why not remap in time for nurburgring in a couple of months, so i few calls back and forth to KTEC and i ordered the RenFlash.

I will say that it took a good few times to actually read and write the file, however some presistance and all was good!

So the verdic... Brilliant!!! To be fair i wasnt expecting to much from it, but its brought the car alive! It feels like it should have been like that from the factory! The throttle response has completely changed and its just alot smoother to drive!

However...if an all out power map is what you are after this aint for you, but worth every penny in my eyes!

Just thought i would share me experience with u's!!!

cheers guys :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks mate I was looking for a review from someone, if your car is standard a decent exhaust and filter will improve the car more

as above what map are you using as there are 3 to choose from? I dont know whether to go for this or a Bluefin at the moment as the Bluefin is £100 cheaper

Toop182- Well i have driven the car today and it feels a lot better! It always used to kangaroo from cold which really pissed me off, but now that sorted! And also between 3000-4000rpm the throttle response was shocking but now it feels a lot smoother as well! I have the Ktr panel filter as well now but due to my insurance i can't get an exhaust yet otherwise i would have one tomorrow!

Chris197F1- Erm i ain't to sure what map it is, from what i knew there is just different maps for what modifications there are on your car!

I personally went for the RenFlash because the good thing is if i do any other modifications to the car, then i can just email KTEC and they will send me the modified file for a small charge! Plus they are just a lot more friendly and you can just always ring them up and ask them a question at any time! I also thought that just being a renault tuner i hoped the map would be a little better!

At the end of the day its all down to what you want, however i will say that i am very impressed with both KTEC and their map!

Least with ktec they know there renaults I'm steering away from superchips now, I just don't believe the figures they have on there site

If you want a different map after you add a modification, isn't the new map free of charge? First time i hear of someone charging money after you buy the mapping unit...

Im assuming that this Renflash thing is very similar to (if not the same as) the 'RS Tuner' that Henk/Fastchip has been selling for the MK2 clio for years?

Just with 50% ktec tax added on :wink:

I'd be interested in this if it properly sorts out the woolly throttle...either a simple map or fit a Sprint Booster I guess.

Does a simple map really sharpen up the throttle?

I'd be interested in this if it properly sorts out the woolly throttle...either a simple map or fit a Sprint Booster I guess.

Does a simple map really sharpen up the throttle?

there's various tables in the calibration that control the relationship between the pedal and the butterfly, so yes, changes to these can definitely sharpen up response

Normally its a basic performance map that free and any modification based map is charged extra. But i would say get the fastchips rs tuner as its cheaper to buy and the maps are cheaper