200 front bumper on a 197

Last night I was offered a complete front bumper from a 200, should I put it on my 197?? Already have a 200 diffuser and interior. Think the only extra's I need to buy would be lights. Interested to see what everyone thinks?? Thanks

Personally I prefer the 197 front end, but most 200 owners would tell you they prefer the 200 front end. You will not get a decisive answer to this question. :smiley:

If YOU prefer the 200 front end then stick it on, it's YOUR car.

If I'm honest I can't decide ... like the 197 front end but it's the F1 blade on the 200 - it looks great. Time and time again I've thought about doing this ... was hoping someone might say leave it as is and don't be an idiot ... why spoil perfection!

pretty sure wings are different as they curve to the lights, might be wrong tho, i used to hate the 200 front end, but it does look more modern, not as mean as the 197 but all in all its up to you. it has grown on me... would i have one.... probably =S

If YOU prefer the 200 front end then stick it on, it's YOUR car.
That's the be-all and end-all really....

You wouldn't come on here saying "there's these two girls at work and they're both gagging for it... Well...."

:wink:

That's the be-all and end-all really....

You wouldn't come on here saying "there's these two girls at work and they're both gagging for it... Well...."

:wink:

Do them both haha!!

I'd have a 200 front end, think they stand out more.

Jase looked into this when the 200 first came out I believe, its a lot of work and you need wings etc from memory.

I might be wrong, no doubt he will see this thread but I'm sure he looked into it.

bumper is different so is fittings behind bumper outer casing - so are headlights

wings and bonnet are the same

the clio cup 197 racers are just 197 with 200 bumpers/headlights and diffuser on

Thanks for all your advice folks ... think I'll stick with the 197 front as I'm not the worlds most mechanical and Technically minded person and it sounds like it's not as straight forward as I thought!

Thanks for all your advice folks ... think I'll stick with the 197 front !

Good man, it'd be like face lifting an old tart anyway, it'd look ok from a distance but when you got close up you'd know something was'nt right. :bat:

Before

b0073573_4ae52633960c3.jpg

You can see the F1 blade in this

ash.jpg

Christ, whilst looking for pics for this i've just seen what the new clio looks like

4080410332_31838ed1a2.jpg

197 looks better.

The end!

Good man, it'd be like face lifting an old tart anyway, it'd look ok from a distance but when you got close up you'd know something was'nt right. :bat:

Before

b0073573_4ae52633960c3.jpg

You can see the F1 blade in this

ash.jpg

Christ, whilst looking for pics for this i've just seen what the new clio looks like

4080410332_31838ed1a2.jpg

who is she???