200 depreciation value each month.

Got an 11 plate ff. been offered 12500 in part ex, I owe 14600 still on it. The dealer says the deprecation each month will be more than I am paying monthly (£314) ? Is he right?

Not necessarily month by month, but since you bought it it will have immediately dropped maybe £3-4k, if not more, and will then typically drop between £100 and £400 per month. With a large enough deposit to counter the initial hit a payment of £300 ish per month would probably keep you out of negative equity.

The value of the car will fall sharply at first and then more slowly. Your payment is geared towards equity at the end of the agreement, I would guess around 36 months, by which time depreciation will have slowed and you should owe a similar amount to the value of the car.

I'd say yes, it will slow but as the car is still fairly new the depreciation will be harsh

What he said :wink:

Last edited:
when all the 200s flood the market it will drop even further by year 4 you will be looking at between 7-9k deppending on milage and condition
there will be alot off people giving them back after the deals end unless this money situation gets better

who offered you £12500, dont forget if its a garage or renault that offered this, it will go back up forsale atleast £2000 more than what they paid for it.

who offered you £12500, dont forget if its a garage or renault that offered this, it will go back up forsale atleast £2000 more than what they paid for it.

it was bristol street motors near durham, first garage ive been to, so hopefully get a better offer. What would be a good price?

Well the Clio when up in the book this month £625 for 07/08 and £825 for 10/11

you have to remember the new car offers and product saturation will have an active impact on used car RV's and sale price

As said they'll loose money soon as its registered, plus they'll want to retail it so theres got to be something in it for them. You would be better selling private!

Thats why Renaults are so great value used. Its unfortuante someone has to take the hit but I am glad its not me.

When I got my Meg R26 2.5 years ago I picked it up for £13400. Now this is loaded & full retail would have been £23k ( & a 250 today would be more like £28k)

Thats £1,000 a month that car lost. Since I have had it its been more like £100 per month.

You're talking like people pay list for them new. Mine is probably worth £11500 after 17months but it cost £15250 and not £18700.

PCP deal @ £200 a month, the 2 years is up this summer, it was very popular but lots will just hand them back, or have to find the 8k to buy it