Big spec 200 Cup *FOR SALE*

Just about to embark on the same journey - I'm about a month or 2 and a few parts behind you. Picked up my cup racer suspension yesterday along with the thicker arb. Driveshafts should be a week or 2, and waiting on news about the EE brackets and bump steer kit. I'll probably sleeve a set of anti-rotation links myself.

Like you I contacted Pure today about the weld on strut rings to be told they are a fair few weeks away from making a new batch. Arggghh. Looks like I'll spend the time putting the bearings in the front wishbones (replacing black series polybushes) and the bearing kit in the rear beam.

How have the Espace track rods worked out? Mentioned this to Rich at Rentune and he hadn't heard of this before, instead recommended extending the Clio ones.

I wouldn't bother sleeving the anti rotation links Superpro sell adjustable ones so just get them. and the track roda are perfect yep :smile: The bearing kits are an absolute doddle to fit if you have some proper bush tools, not bad at all :grinning:

Back in for mapping on Wednesday at EFI now the new coolers finished and fitted with the C38. Decided on sticking with the 105mm pulley which is making 16 psi and it feels like a different car already. So much more torque.
A friend made the bracket and allows a 7 rib belt and 2 idler pulleys so plenty of belt wrap and another friend has built the cooler with a BMR core. Like a few others I've seen he's built it into the original crash bar mounts.
Looking forward to a proper blast out at Oulton next Saturday if all is good on Wednesday! Hopefully it's not too wet !!

EE6239BA-0397-4A47-9015-F238D979F1E0.jpeg7A235637-B21D-44DE-AB9D-F1AABCA2636B.jpegF4BA1309-14E1-4C61-AA4C-957D42623BDC.jpeg2235941B-EE32-47B7-A147-9EC6FD62A63C.jpeg45FFA58A-7770-4333-94B6-CBFB405942C8.jpeg

How did she get on?

Few teething problems but made exactly what I wanted and it absolutely flys! The springs on the back are so much stiffer so not been able to really push it properly yet but 3rd gears great! I hope to god its dry on Saturday! It feels really strong. It made just over 370 but after a few hours was at 366 hp and 265 lbs and safe as houses.
Ordered a few more shims for the rear from Pure also for a little more camber and + toe so will see how that feels with the stiffer setup. Wish the new front shocks/springs were on as well as the rears and will probs be too soft but well see!!! Always good to compare setups tho and improve I think!

1E9CB0FA-5EFB-4C04-B317-2DEB5DEB03A1_1_201_a.jpeg

Well . . . another wasted track day !!!!! Positives first . . All up to temp and tyre pressures adjusted and the car felt absolutely amazing on the new suspension and extra power, was just finishing off the R888R's and even with them on was a different car so very happy there. Excited to get the front Bilsteins on now for Anglesey in 2 weeks.
About 20ish laps in the box started feeling odd then lost all gears bar 5th. Would only go into gear stood still so game over . . again! Very miffed packed up and straight home. Luckily Oulton's only just over an hour from me.
Curiosity got the better of me so whipped the box out to see what's happened. Easy fix at least!

D1C7A8C1-804C-4E27-B561-9E06B50D37D6.jpeg9230CCF8-C1FE-4615-9D6F-9B069E310FF1.jpegF5CDFBBD-2D22-4B78-A6D9-3816F3C39F3E.jpegA21FD722-D392-40E7-BFB3-A8B46D12AD7C.jpeg

Reactions: M154MATT
More bad news !!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Amazing weather at Anglesey last Sunday literally perfect conditions and the car felt amazing with the new Bilsteins on the front! Decided to stick the slicks on around 11 after Id got into it and just got better and better then with no warning whatsoever boom! Loads of smoke and oil up the windscreen!
Very very luckily was just after corkscrew before the pits so turned engine off straight away and coasted into the pits. The lads were on the ball with the extinguishers straight away with me shouting and put the flames out from the oil on the exhaust manifold.
If it had happened after the pits and the flames had melted the pressurised fuel pipes it would be game over now.
After Id calmed down I noticed the oil cap was missing and thought that I just hadn't put it back on properly but after a clean up it was obviously much worse.
Just took the head off this morning and after seeing det on 3 plugs knew it was going to be bad but not this bad.
I think with shutting it off so quickly the tops of the bores will clean up ok but into another set of pistons, gasket, and headwork . . . .

A572D628-C645-424D-9C11-1B85FE70E48B.jpeg5F1FD4E2-CCA1-4694-9EDC-D4F0F4BACDB5_1_201_a.jpeg26F9190F-6F0B-4A4B-8138-30ACDC1C5097_1_201_a.jpeg677C995A-9646-4C16-A053-9BA847374C9B.jpeg

I think it’s probably safe to rule out individual injectors given the issue is across all cylinders.
Maybe the mapping was a little too saucy.

Reactions: needforspeed
Wish I knew why was running the same barrels of fuel from when it was mapped nothing has changed

How long ago was the fuel purchased? Half filled cans or frequently opened tend to make the fuel go weaker.
Could you not hear the engine knock? Why wasn't the ECU taking back timing due to detecting knock from the sensor?

The fuel was bought the same day as mapping and hadn't been opened. There was no knock and it happened all of a sudden tho you cant hear much in it when on full chat! The mapper had to switch the knock sensor off because he said it was picking up noise from the charger

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Benno and RSRowe