200 cup chassis

Hello, My name is Jens and I come from belgium :smile:

I ordered a 200 with cup chassis at the local dealer in januari.
Yesterday they called me that the car was delivered but that the cup chassis was missing!
I changed some options after ordering and the cup chassis was also cancelled.. (I didn't ask for it)
My question was if i just changed the suspension it would feel the same as the standard cup chassis? Or is there more to change then just the springs and dampers?

I hope you understand my question! :biggrin:

Grtz Jens

And also wheel colour, unless you specced a different wheel, as well as getting the silver brembos which don't look as good either

I ordered the black speedlines so that makes no difference.
And I could live with the grey brembo's.
But I want the ride feeling of the cup chassis.
But then you have to change the springs,dampers and the steering rack
Anything else?
Thanx for the answers!

Grtz Jens

Stiffer ARB too, so it's quite few small things that to change after would cost a bomb :worried:

I'd get my deposit back and go elsewhere...

They don't deserve yours or anyone else's money if they get simple stuff like getting a car spec right

:s

Cup Chassis doesn't make that much difference.

See what else that dealer has in their 'network'.

When my order was f'ked up, I found one at a dealer down south and got them to trailer it up. win.

When my order was f'ked up, I found one at a dealer down south and got them to trailer it up. win.

It does compare the 197 cup chassis to the 200. 200 is far to stiff!

does on the 200 as the "standard" chassis is softer than the "standard" 197 :oops:

I said to the dealer that I didn't want the car without the cup chassis.
Someone told me that when I want the same (slightly better) driving feeling on the track I had to instal a kw v3 with H&r Arb and that would cost me probably 2000euro!
Now the dealer wants to buy a second clio rs cup and put all the cup bits on to my car but not the steering rack because that would be a hard to do.
Tomorrow I will make my dissision!:mellow:

No, refuse the car. Demand what you ordered - I know you want the car now, but you need to hold out for what you asked for.

If you add KWs and an ARB, then your warranty is potentially void in certain areas. I wouldn't want half a Cup chassis either, it's not quite the same.

Steering rack, suspension, ARB and the rear beam is indexed differently. You've also got to think about when you sell the car, it is going to take some explaining..

Last edited:
The steering rack would be no harder to change than the ARB as they are next to each other?!! I would refuse the car personally :worried:

I would, as hard a decision as it is, refuse the car. Tell them if they can sort out another sharpish plus a courtesy you'll be fine, otherwise go somewhere else. Last resort complain to RUK CS

Don't accept it!!! if that had happened with mine i would have refused to take car unless they found me another one with cup chassis and knocked a substantial amount off the price!
Don't let them **** around with it by changing stuff over either, if you accept it as it is you'll always wonder, "could this be even better?"
IMO