2 Clios after Bedford Trackday

TB Rich

Paid Member
Mine and [MENTION=50771]Azagedon[/MENTION] after Bedford on Sat.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk1o5LvW

14762769588_c29a57f3c7_z.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762684790_34d326508f_z.jpg
IMG_3643.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762814157_c50f262f67_z.jpg
IMG_3645.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14926374816_a12bde4de5_z.jpg
IMG_3646.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14926378386_55bef0e255_z.jpg
IMG_3647.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762700790_6aedc67820_z.jpg
IMG_3649.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14949029332_210588750a_z.jpg
IMG_3652.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762694889_c115aea4fc_z.jpg
IMG_3655.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14926396216_40e69008f6_z.jpg
IMG_3662.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762717710_efb564e1d2_z.jpg
IMG_3665.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762721810_bb45530fb7_z.jpg
IMG_3666.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

14762724950_9911166bd1_z.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg by TB_Rich, on Flickr

Excellent pics taken with a very good camera. I'd have to invest in a decent camera myself at some point..

It's not the camera that makes a good pic, actually the raws were bland but a bit of smart editing transforms a pic - I use Lightroom as it is quick to edit and has a catalog builtin, just dont over process your shots, nothing worse than hdr or people who have got way too jiggy with the clarity slider!!!
But you can't polish a turd, composition etc is key, learn about focal lengths, FoV and framing first before investing in gear. The only thing good gear really helps with is getting shallow DoF and low light. I'm shooting on crop sensor and I dont have fast glass, so tbh I struggle with getting shallow DoF and the genuine low light stuff. Even though I used my 650d, there is nothing there that I couldn't have got on my old G10. As long as you can do raw and manual (entusiast p&s style cameras) that'll be enough to learn on. We also got those shots in about 10mins flat straight after the track day, I had Aaron move his car a couple of times to get it vaugley in the right place, but I didn't want to keep us long given we had a 2 1/2 hour journey ahead and had been up since 4am!!! It's these things though that make a shot and not the camera.
Lighting is the other key thing but being outside you don't exactly have control of that! I'm still learning with off camera flash and had I more time I would have set one up, you can see especially in the shot of Aarons car from the back, the dynamic range is too much because it was dark under the tree's, and bright out. The car was under exposed too avoid clipping the hell out of the sky, although I managed to recover it well enough you can see extra noise that shouldn't be there because of it.

Anyway that's enough camera bore!!! :smile:

Fantastic pics, you're pretty handy when it comes to photography (and driving like a nutter)! :smile:

What is red line on the front splitter, some kind of red tape or..?
It's cable ties in a X, as the splitter is cracked.

Last edited:
Fantastic pics, you're pretty handy when it comes to photography (and driving like a nutter)! :smile:

It's cable ties in a X, as the splitter is cracked.

Driving like a nutter indeed, just about to jack up the car to double check but looks like my kerb clipping may have ****ed a tie rod.! Hope it's not another rack! If it is it should be in warranty as it was only done 6 months ago. still a boat load of labour but at least it'll def give me reason to swap the manifold out to an R3 jobbie :smiley:

Always remember how rapid you were at brands haha. And only of RC6 pads or something at the time. Cracking shots. Any gopro vids on track etc?

Nice man. I will have to get you to take some arty shots of mine! Where are you based?

Bournemouth way (about 10-15 miles north I guess). Hertfordshire's a bit of a long ass trek but if you're ever at any meets or tracks no problem. Plan to do alot more shooting this year though, just need to find the locations for it - thats half the shot!

Always remember how rapid you were at brands haha. And only of RC6 pads or something at the time. Cracking shots. Any gopro vids on track etc?

Ah yeah, that wet and greasy brands day was epic. Just trusty Yellowstuff and RBF600! I will be getting vids this year I hope, not something I've tried since I had my Rallye and DIY headrest mount - thats long since died though!
Probably go for a Gopro clone (SJCAM wifi thing) and a decent audio recorder (maybe a Zoom H1), then sync it up in post. Audio makes such a difference in my opinion to the overal quality, car's a bit quieter now I've got a mid silencer in there, still loud though so deserves to be captured well!

Always record audio separately for any filming specially go-pro copies like mine they are ****e!

This is a throwback reading this thread again, itching to do the next track day!!!

Always record audio separately for any filming specially go-pro copies like mine they are ****e!

This is a throwback reading this thread again, itching to do the next track day!!!

What cameras you got? I thought you had genuine Gopro's?

It's shocking, I would have expected to have done atleast 1 or 2 this year. I just need to get the blasted thing working to full potential first before I venture out again. Catcams have a customer running 230bhp on 403's apparently, sounds promising.

We had 2 types cameras that day, I've got a KitVision Edge HD30W (audio is a write off) and Ben had the real McCoy gopro's (sound is passable after a heavy edit in post due to exhaust knock).

Hope it gets fixed soon mate, that power sounds great for a NA!