197 tuning for 200bhp

say i want a genuine 200bhp from my 197, is there a proven way to get that, i was thinking decat and remap but will that be enough, what do most cars make standard 190??

I had decat, remap and maxogen and made 187bhp but every engine is different. If I was you id stick it on some rollers, doesnt cost much and at least you know what you are starting with.

From experience I would say dont bother with chasing figures, if you want better driveability then go for it.

ok forget the headline figure, in your opinion, is it worth getting a decat and remap to improve drivability? 187 seems low, i would expect that standard

as chris said go for drivability

however on the flipside i was dynod at 195 albeit that was with an Akrapovic Evo exhaust. mapping with the exhaust and Ktec induction kit took me 214

A good custom remap will improve drivability well it did for me all be it 5bhp but brings the car alive,if you fancy other mods like induction decat do them first then the map.

I got 202 from a filter exhaust and map, but then again it popped up 194 standard, I'd like to believe that , but I don't :tongueout:
like people are saying don't chase figures, make it more drivable, much more satisfactory Imo especially as most rollers will pull up totally different figures!

mine was dyno'd at 200.1 with remap, yozza exhaust and ktec pannel filter. been dynod on 3 different days at around the 200 mark so cant be too far off