197 springs

why arent you listening dude?

Eibach or H&R.

Apex are crashy cheap crap like PI

And also, they are a right PITA to change, the fronts are a ****, you aint doing them on your drive unless you really know what you're doing

Go with the H&R, but I'm biased.

I've got the -35mm/-40mm Springs with Cup Dampers and it's a really good combination. Yes, of course, it's stiffer than standard and all that, but I've not mangled my spine and it's not uncomfortable. I have a habit of swerving around potholes anyway... You can get a few different height variations of the H&R (-30mm/-30mm, -35mm/-40mm, -40mm/-40mm), althought I think the -40mm/-40mm are getting harder to come by or may have even been discontinued now.

Fitting... Well, the rears take about 15 minutes. The fronts are a little more complicated as Gaz has as said above due to the setup of the front struts and you'll also need a spring clamp to get the old springs off. But, again, it's not the hardest job in the world... Although, I did let somebody else do mine as it's easier with a ramp and an airgun then messing about on your back on the driveway.

Last edited:
Fitting them is no bother at all, shud manage that, jst I've looked at all the threads n its all h&r or eibachs, so I jst wanted to ask about others. As I'm wanting looks over performance I think I will go with 40 h&r if I can get hold of some, also try and get some spaces to put the wheels out.

If you're not bothered about performance then just buy the lowest, cheapest ones you can get and save some money...

Must admit, it's a strange thing to hear from a Renaultsport owner.

Fronts are a pain in the arse to change, I made a how to thread on here. I've changed plenty of springs before but the clio was in a difficulty league of its own!

Thanks for pics, noticable different =0

Seriously thinking about these but have cup chasis already, do you recon you will notice the drop difference, looks wise?

No probs, she's on Cup Dampers too by the way. :wink:

The ''Cup'' only sits 7mm lower than the FF, so you'll still be droping ~28mm/~32mm. In the flesh it's very noticeable.

I'll warn you, it is stiff. But it's not unbearable, I suppose it depends what you're used to. For me it's a definite improvement over standard, there's a lot less roll on initial turn in and she seems to just really dig in, even more than standard. And let's be honest, the standard setup is fantastic anyway.

If you're not bothered about performance then just buy the lowest, cheapest ones you can get and save some money...

Must admit, it's a strange thing to hear from a Renaultsport owner.

It's not like I want it to be like jelly, still want it hold on in a corner, jst put looks over performance but still want both lol

Well the Eibach's aren't quite as low as H&R and aren't quite as stiff either, so that might be something to think about depending on wether you're planning on doing any trackdays or if you're purely going to be using the car on the road. It's horses for courses, but you're best sticking with a brand with a big reputation.

H&R with cup dampers are a superb combo. TBH its hard to justify coilovers once fitted if your not planning any track days.

I'm starting to think h&rs will be the best route for me, planning on starting to do track days (couple a year, if that) and can't justify coilovers really.

The springs and dampers cost me £385 all in, plus £50 to have them fitted.

When you consider the cheapest coilovers are more than double that for a decent brand. Unless you're doing 10, 15, 20 trackdays per year and minimal road mileage then for me personally, it's a no-brainer. I know people talk about the adjustability of coilovers, but who honestly changes the settings once they've been sorted the first time? Luke, if you're ever up near Manchester then give me a PM and I'll gladly take you out in Nicole so you can feel the difference over standard before you take the plunge.

Yeah, they're not something she holds in sotck, you'll have to ring or email her and she'll order them in. :wink:

Took about 3 days for mine to arrive.