197 RS down on power

All,

I have a 2008 197 RS, it has the usual flat spot and kangaroo issues, when cold, but recently the performance across the whole range has been dulled significantly. It feels like its down about 25% on power. I've not got far investigation, but have pulled all the plugs and they seem fine. It kinda feels like its running lean or the timing is out......although I've no idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking, or obvious issues with these cars to start the search. I dont want to take to the dealer, as they've not been very good at sorting out stuff in the past.

I'm sure I've read about cracking manifolds or something, could that cause symptoms like this?

Regards

h_____

If it was a cracked manifold I'm sure you would notice the different exhaust sound
I had to have mine replaced last year after it failed.
Luckily I have extended warranty so it was done under that

It was a noise that couldn't be missed

Ok thanks. Well that is good to know. Where do i look next. Sensors intake leaks coil packa or somewhere else?

Wait till the night where you are so it gets a little cooler. Take it out for a run, see if it improves. You have to remember that these engine bays are tiny little things.

my dad had similar issues with his diesel xsara..had his tank drained and cleaned the fuel system,after that it was running smooth again with no issues..just a thought