197: 197 RS bogging down when cold?

Only had the car since Saturday (56 plate, 34k, FSH), left work late last night and it was -2 and the car was bogging down really bad in 2nd & 3rd from 2000rpm onwards, so much so that I nearly pulled over, there's was literally no power at all. I've had an 03 172 Cup before so am aware that these engines need to be revved to get any power out of them but this 197 seems excessively slow under 4000rpm and has next to no power when cold. Is this right?

-6 on the way to work this morning and following a horrible 5 minute deice with the engine running she still drove like the handbrake was on the first mile. :|

thats the cold start, its got to warm up first especially in this cold weather, it normal

Oh good, not just mine then :smile: Don't get chance to warm it up at night as we have to leave quickly as the gate gets locked up. Will just have to sneak out earlier to warm it up.

Last edited:
You lads are lucky you got your cars mine is stuck up on ramps in DEMONTWEEKS the fitter hasn't turned in to do my E-bach pro springs...at least its in the warm

Brakes were frozen this morning....anyone had this?

My handbrake was frozen this morning... Released the lever and they stayed on :worried: Got it off eventually.

My clio was feeling very underpowered on my way home today and I was worried as i've never felt it be that bad before. But then I filled up with fuel and it was back to normal.

Leave the hand brake off sit in it for 2 mins and turn of TC and away you go no problems at all:smile:

I sat there for about 10 minutes and had to drive the car around the block for the mrs to warm the rear brakes up.

Bloody hand brake.