197 Projector Query

I'm wanting to buy some Clio 197 proejctors, and have messaged Steve Murr.

Are these the correct part numbers to fit a Clio 197 - 2006?

OE number:7701061075 / 770107049.

Slightly confused between talk of two different types, some with xenon/loom which are harder to fit?

If someone could clear this up, most appreciated.

Cheers
JAM

OS projector - 7701061073
NS projector - 7701061074

I thought these were the Renault projector part numbers. These are the ones for halogen bulbs and not xenon bulbs.

There two types of projector lights, the one set is for factory fitted xenons, the others are for a halogen bulbs. The one you want are the halogen ones, then if you want to fit a hid kit you fit it to them.

Can you not get the xenon units and fit hid kits with D2S fittings? I think the levelling motor can be from your old units to make them manual level.

D2S bulbs are better performance from what I found.

OS projector - 7701061073
NS projector - 7701061074

I thought these were the Renault projector part numbers. These are the ones for halogen bulbs and not xenon bulbs.

So the projector part numbers I posted mate, are for Xenon bulbs?

Still confused as to what I'd be potentially buying :$

I'm not sure to be honest if the ones you put are the xenon ones. I'm 99% certain that the part numbers I posted are for projector headlights that take h1 halogen bulbs for the dipped beam. I'm sure these are the part numbers I used when I bought them. Just tell them you DO NOT want ones that auto-level. The projector numbers I posted fit the levelling motors that are on the standard reflector headlights. What lights do you have at the moment? I imagine you've got reflectors and you want to make the front end look better?

Last edited:
I'm not sure to be honest if the ones you put are the xenon ones. I'm 99% certain that the part numbers I posted are for projector headlights that take h1 halogen bulbs for the dipped beam. I'm sure these are the part numbers I used when I bought them. Just tell them you DO NOT want ones that auto-level. The projector numbers I posted fit the levelling motors that are on the standard reflector headlights. What lights do you have at the moment? I imagine you've got reflectors and you want to make the front end look better?

Yeah mate reflectors, wanting to make front end better. They are at a significant reduced price with the part numbers I posted.

Think i'll buy them anyway and work out what I need afterwards . . .

I'd have a look on eurocarparts and see what they are in the sale.

You'll want the valeo ones for OEM.

Would I be right to assume that the projector headlights from all mk3 clios (sport and non sport 06-09) are the same?

Last edited:
Also does anyone know if a projector headlight with auto level function would work on a car that originally didn't have that feature? Same plug same loom etc?

I know that my cornering lights don't work and never have so I'm led to believe that the car didn't originally come with projectors but they mush have been a later upgrade from one of the previous owners.

Also does anyone know if a projector headlight with auto level function would work on a car that originally didn't have that feature? Same plug same loom etc?

I'd doubt it as the car won't have the sensors on the suspension or the wiring for these. I know on my last car the sensors were on the rear suspension.

I've just fitted projectors to my 200 and I used the adjustors from my original lights in the projector units. I also know that there are 4 different of headlight units for the 200. 2 reflectors (one black and one silver) and 2 projectors both black (though one is proper xenon and the other takes normal bulbs). They are all physically interchangeable with different amount of lights work each time.

Last edited: