197 - Oil leakage at the manifold/head

I have got some leakage on my 197 engine.
Earlier I already noticed some oil around the fuel injectors, I cleaned it a bit, but it came back.
Today I remove the top part of the inletmanifold, to find out there was oil around everywhere.

Now I clearly would like to solve this, but I couldn't find any traces, where it is comming from.
So I cleaned everything up, put it back together and will make another drive tonight.
And take it apart again. Hope to find some traces.

The question is:
Did anybody have had this oil leakage before? Where does it come from?

Below is a picture, where you can see the oil, below the fuelrail.
p1110570q.jpg

Nope, that looks clean all the way.
My guess is that it is coming from the sensor at the green dot/stripe on the right side.

Like Ralphy said, possibly rocker cover gasket, mine went not so long back (only 19k on the car at the time) had it replaced under warranty. I had oil pooling in the same places as your saying.

if it is the "rocker cover gasket" then it aint a diy job - its a bead of sealant around the edge of the cover which is also the top half of the cam bearing carrier...:foxspeed:

if it is the "rocker cover gasket" then it aint a diy job - its a bead of sealant around the edge of the cover which is also the top half of the cam bearing carrier...:foxspeed:

I was afraid of that.

But I just went for a 30 minute drive. And took everything of again.
But it is all still clean?!
So this isn't going to help me much further.

Is there a manual available for the 197 engine, to take it apart?
Which shows me how the engine is build and to see which parts to check or remove?

I was afraid of that.

But I just went for a 30 minute drive. And took everything of again.
But it is all still clean?!
So this isn't going to help me much further.

Is there a manual available for the 197 engine, to take it apart?
Which shows me how the engine is build and to see which parts to check or remove?

manual not ready available

i would wait and see first where its coming from - i had this on another fr4 197 all around no1 injector - cleaned it but couldnt find any "leak"....could be from spilling oil on a top up!

Lol they sensor at the green dot is ure fuel line. They are your injectors and the fuel rail it is connected to.

I would do a strip down. Clean and possibly a bead of wynsors gasket maker?

@Leg-end
The other right. :smile: The darker green.

And yes indeed, I cleaned it all up some more, also around the yellow oil cap.
p1110599n.jpg

And will check from time to time what happens.

The right hand side is an ignition retard sensor?knock or part of it. No oil here. There should be a tight seal the rocker cover bolts often leak but not this much I would suggest s strip down mate. It's an hours work but will solve the problem

The right hand side is an ignition retard sensor?knock or part of it. No oil here. There should be a tight seal the rocker cover bolts often leak but not this much I would suggest s strip down mate. It's an hours work but will solve the problem

think its the camshaft position sensor

knock sensor is lower down and "listens" to the crankcase/cylinder bore area