197 Mpg Advice

After deciding to get something newer and more relible I am selling my Honda Crx which iv loved for it's handling and lightness! Decided i definately wanted a 197 and have the remainder money ready once the Crx is sold

Wanted to find out about mpg's

Combined
Motorway
Town

I know the supposed stats are often wrong, what can I expect doing 50 miles a day with 40 of them being 65-70 on the motorway..

Cheers

Liam

I do 30 miles work mate (60 round trip) all 50-70mph roads, and normally see around 27-30.

I do 300 miles a week to work and that is exactly one full tank.

Hope this helps.

From my experience

Combined - 31mpg
Motorway - Upto 41mpg if cruising at 60mph, expect high 30s at 70mph
Town - Low 20s

From my experience

Combined - 31mpg
Motorway - Upto 41mpg if cruising at 60mph, expect high 30s at 70mph
Town - Low 20s

i get 24,3 in town, 38.9 on a 60mile run through towns ansd average speed at about 40mph had 383mils on a run from york to buckie

I get 42 mpg on the motorway.
Drive 15 miles a day through the centre of Sheffield; stop start stop! Get 24 mpg.

I always use High octane fuel as i get a better return.

i do a combination of round the doors driving and b roads and i get 27-28mpg

i have filled up 2 times since i bought the car and i get around 340 miles to a tank. i use v power which does make the car run better

i filled up the other day and drove as carefully as i could and harldy braked on the way home as an experiment and got 34.6mpg. i was stressed to the max though in the process! as soon as i drove normally afterwards it went back to 27.

I cannot see where some of these figures are coming from, my bog standard 197 does 24mpg around town and 32/33mpg on the motorway at 70mph.

Best I've ever seen is 35mpg on motorway and I think because of it I must have had a tail wind!

Cars ran on v-power since I bought it 2mths ago :smile:

mine dropped to 26.1 been at 28.6 for months doin less miles now though
gone from doing 520 month to 160 miles

I get 24.5 mpg driving normally around b-roads and town. Motorway I get 33 mpg, but have seen 36. Depends how you drive. Normal driving I like to give mine some, especially after spending the week driving the van! These cars are never going to be good on fuel though.

I use cruise all the time, seldom over 70-72mph on the motorway, and my best is high 30's on the motorway, usually get around 32mpg taking it rather steady.

I've had mine to 99.9 lol put it in 6th at 70, reset the trip then slow down until it gives you a reading. Mind you, it soon drops below 30 again!

Same as Rich, Gaz and Arran, I tend to get about 33-34 on the motorway at 75 (to compensate for speedo inaccuracy :wink:) and about 25mpg in town.

The average over the past 200 gallons has been 27.6mpg, it has gone up over the past few weeks but I think that is due to driving a lot more carefully due to the awful weather.

i get about 26-27mpg overall town driving but thats being light on the gas, you'll easy get 30+ with the amount of motor way miles you do

its getting stuck in traffic that really knacks thing you see if mpg droping as you just wait for the red light. can be below the mid 20's. but i think i get stopped quite a bit on me journey, and i do short journeys so car is warming up a lot in this wather.

if im bored i often go out for a drive along coast 30 mile run out when the roads are empty just to get the figure back up high.
- yes i know this is completely contradicting itself. using up the petrol just to get the mpg up.

just reset my trip this morning for the first time since service in October. Sick of looking at 25.2 mpg.

Tank of Fuel cost me £50, i'll what i average to a tank just driving the way I normally drive.

£50 = 41.35 litres @ £120.9 per litre

Last edited:
i get 40 mpg if i cruise at 56mph i dont like to push my 197 over this speed ! i got very frightend when my freind drove the car once with me onboard he was doing 72mph on the m6.