197 ITB's?

Aint pub figures just value for money tbh.
Sorry man, top wrong choice of words there.
What I mean is, you can always put a bigger and better engine in there. With all my cars I've always preferred tuning to replacing. I mean I've done conversions, but I always like to have the original engine in there and challenge myself to get the most out of it I whichever way I choose :smile:

Agree with noddie on that. To get the best from boddies u need cams as well, this will soon see 5k+!!!

Not far off big end power, stage 2 megs at best get 270 ish. In a nut shell it still feels like a clio but with shed loads of power on tap that feels NA. Very easy to cruise as well on M'way. Id happily take you for a spin if your ever near MK.

Hmmmm, the S'charging is looking a lot more appealing tbh.
Did you do this at home? Or use a tuner? Buy the parts privately?

I really do appreciate all the help and opinions btw!

You can say that again, mates just sorting out fueling on his pug 309 gti but with a 2.0 16v lump on throttle bodies and it sounds epic. :thumbup1:

That is the main appeal with ITB's, but the more I look into it the more I think I'd like to supercharge. But I'm not sure, this will take a lot of contemplating and sums etc to figure out what is best for me :smile:

Jamsport did all my work, if I did it at home my car would look like a blind person building an air fix kit lol!

I would absolutely love ITB but as others have said Standalone ecu, ITB, mapping even with mates rates its 3 grand'ish for 15-20bhp. Thats a lot of money but I think that would take me in real terms to 220 -225 bhp. In the real world that would live with a turbo'd clio, a would put the power done in a very different way....best start saving!!!!!

Stage 2 megs generally 270-290bhp depending upon rollers, it's the torque that kills them, a few people have been concerned with the stage 1 map from a certain tuner as they are pushing 300ftlb which has been the point a number of meg engines have gone pop!! It's recommended arp rod bolts are the minimum if you go down the meg conversion route and are intending to crank it up

Mind you most of them kill the clutch before then ...

The meg option isn't always the cheapest option, especially when you start looking at the weight difference between a converted Clio v an r26r

I'm running AT power ITBs and Matt @ TDF has done extensive research work on my car regarding different cam setups and found the CATCAM 402s with an exhaust vernier pulley for a slight advance in timing to work best. The car squeezes 220bhp out of it with 198 ft/lb torque at a 8000rpm rev limit, although this requires ARP con rod bolts and an oil cooler for continued revving past 7500RPM.

Past this power figure the inlet cam lift becomes restrictive and requires the fitment of custom pistons with deeper valve pockets and a CATCAM 403 inlet. Obviously you can see how the costs soon mount up. Will a 225 conversion be quicker? no doubt but i dont regret going ITBs. You'd have to drive a car on bodies to understand what i mean, it comes alive in the powerband.

Obviously though as the regulars will know im having a few reliability issues atm but hopefully they will soon be ironed out.

Any videos of the noise yours makes ?

I'm running AT power ITBs and Matt @ TDF has done extensive research work on my car regarding different cam setups and found the CATCAM 402s with an exhaust vernier pulley for a slight advance in timing to work best. The car squeezes 220bhp out of it with 198 ft/lb torque at a 8000rpm rev limit, although this requires ARP con rod bolts and an oil cooler for continued revving past 7500RPM.

Past this power figure the inlet cam lift becomes restrictive and requires the fitment of custom pistons with deeper valve pockets and a CATCAM 403 inlet. Obviously you can see how the costs soon mount up. Will a 225 conversion be quicker? no doubt but i dont regret going ITBs. You'd have to drive a car on bodies to understand what i mean, it comes alive in the powerband.

Obviously though as the regulars will know im having a few reliability issues atm but hopefully they will soon be ironed out.