197 ITB's?

Worth it?

I'm looking at taking it to a local performance tuner, rather than ktr or rs, very highly recommended, but just abit different.

I've heard of people putting the r26 carb on, but I was think individual jenveys or the like?

The actual mechanical fitment will be no issue and may even do this myself, it's the fuelling/mapping (standalone) that I will be using the tuner for.

Will an Omex unit be okey?

Any advice greatly received

Martin

I would say that if it's power your after then the megane 230 turbo engine would be te way to go, 1.,500 for the engine and 2,500 to fit and map and there is 250bhp straight away. ITB's won't get anywhere near that without compromising reliability.

Thanks for the link...

I would say that if it's power your after then the megane 230 turbo engine would be te way to go, 1.,500 for the engine and 2,500 to fit and map and there is 250bhp straight away. ITB's won't get anywhere near that without compromising reliability.

I could, but an engine conversion isn't something I want to do to this car.
Can't seam to tune an engine nowadays without people saying its pointless :-/

If you've ever heard an ITB'd car...you'll know the reason why :wink: haha

Yeah mine lol! Look in the project threads mate. Waaaay more power for the money and sounds the t1ts!!!

Yeah mine lol! Look in the project threads mate. Waaaay more power for the money and sounds the t1ts!!!

Hahaha I didn't even clock it was you, I've read the recent pages, but not the whole thread, I'll have to give it a full read,

What kind of pricing wise? I was going to put aside around £3-4k for ITB's with standalone/piggyback mapping.

Is this around the same figure for supercharging?

Does it affect the handling to much?

Think ben paid 5.6/5.8 i think inc his race dash. Sure he'll confirm if he see's this. I dont no prices, ill let jamsport confirm that. But expect 4/4.5 same as the fiestas with a piggyback as well, loads more bhp+ torque. But more power to come from mine but only due to my rev limit being raised a bit more next week. No doesnt affect it. Still feels the same. My car needs geo'ing and have wider wheels so tramline's slightly anyway, didnt with standard speedlines. Love it!!! :smile:

Think ben paid 5.6/5.8 i think inc his race dash. Sure he'll confirm if he see's this. I dont no prices, ill let jamsport confirm that. But expect 4/4.5 same as the fiestas with a piggyback as well, loads more bhp+ torque. But more power to come from mine but only due to my rev limit being raised a bit more next week. No doesnt affect it. Still feels the same. My car needs geo'ing and have wider wheels so tramline's slightly anyway, didnt with standard speedlines. Love it!!! :smile:

Don't know if you've seen this AT Power kit...

http://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/re...-throttle-bodies-p-201.html?osCsid=pvyagjxquq

Seams a good base to start with using ITB's, then was planning on spending around £2k extra on bits and labour. I thought that sounded quite feasible??

Hmmm, what charger you running then?
I have to say I'm more ofey with turbos, never had a S'charged car, i know same principle, just feels like unchartered territory haha.
I presume your using a liquid-air 'cooler?

I understand and I would go for ITB's over turbo anyday!

I knew some people would understand :smile:
The sound of ITB's is something to behold :wink: haha

But I've never owned a supercharged car before, so that's why that's another option.

Turbo'ing will never come into it.

Youll still be spending not far off the same money tho once fitted etc. Up to you what you want but standard that will get you 210/215 ish. Charger gives 260bhp, 250 ft lbs. Mines a rotrex charger, think its a c30 or c38. cant remember. It runs an intercooler at the front and has charger fluid. It feels different to a turbo. It doesnt die off, the power just keeps coming and has no lag. Feels like a massive NA engine is the best way to put it. It really does charge forward, really gets me sometimes and say to myself 'f*ck me this is fast' lol!

Youll still be spending not far off the same money tho once fitted etc. Up to you what you want but standard that will get you 210/215 ish. Charger gives 260bhp, 250 ft lbs. Mines a rotrex charger, think its a c30 or c38. cant remember. It runs an intercooler at the front and has charger fluid. It feels different to a turbo. It doesnt die off, the power just keeps coming and has no lag. Feels like a massive NA engine is the best way to put it. It really does charge forward, really gets me sometimes and say to myself 'f*ck me this is fast' lol!

Hmmmmm, it is looking more attractive the more I look into it. Bt I guess I just had my heart set on ITB's.

Obviously charging will give a better £:bhp ratio, it always will compared to keeping it N/A. But it's something I'm going to have to have some long hard conversations with my tuner about and some more conversations with people like yourself mike.

Also mike, when you say no lag, can you honestly not tell the difference at around say 4k (rough gestimate) when the charger is fully wound? Do you get good performance at lower revs?

below 3 its about the same, above that its a rocket!! The charger is on song and it just keeps picking up, loooooads of instant shove in the 3/4k range, makes over takes so easy!! But still feels NA. Which is the beauty of it. It just keeps going, it really fires you out of bends/roundabouts!!! Never known a clio to pound up hills so fast lol! Everyone ive taken out in it loves it!!

Just let me no if there is anything you wanna ask :smile:

I really like the idea of ITB'ing the 200 but cant see past Meg'in it tbh.
That's the thing though man, most people can't see past pub figures.
I prefer the tuning option rather than replacement.

below 3 its about the same, above that its a rocket!! The charger is on song and it just keeps picking up, loooooads of instant shove in the 3/4k range, makes over takes so easy!! But still feels NA. Which is the beauty of it. It just keeps going, it really fires you out of bends/roundabouts!!! Never known a clio to pound up hills so fast lol! Everyone ive taken out in it loves it!!

Just let me no if there is anything you wanna ask :smile:
Your just making it sound more and more appealing here :wink:

I've always known supercharging to be better in the low range, but by your experiences it sounds 10x better than a turbo option, obviously you lose the big end power, but gain alot of acceleration. Something that goes hand in hand with the clios manuverability!

That's great cheers mate, no doubt I'll have some more in the near future.

Cheers

That's the thing though man, most people can't see past pub figures.
I prefer the tuning option rather than replacement.

Your just making it sound more and more appealing here :wink:

I've always known supercharging to be better in the low range, but by your experiences it sounds 10x better than a turbo option, obviously you lose the big end power, but gain alot of acceleration. Something that goes hand in hand with the clios manuverability!

That's great cheers mate, no doubt I'll have some more in the near future.

Cheers

Agree with noddie on that. To get the best from boddies u need cams as well, this will soon see 5k+!!!

Not far off big end power, stage 2 megs at best get 270 ish. In a nut shell it still feels like a clio but with shed loads of power on tap that feels NA. Very easy to cruise as well on M'way. Id happily take you for a spin if your ever near MK.