197 headlight decission

Rght i need to up grade my headlights they are shocking in my opion,
I have a 197 cup 08 plate-
What would people go for-
1-bulb upgrade.
2-Hid kit fitted to the standard headlights.
3-Projectors
4- Xenons??

I have no idea which is best and what is the diffrence between Projectors and Xenons

James

Rght i need to up grade my headlights they are shocking in my opion,
I have a 197 cup 08 plate-
What would people go for-
1-bulb upgrade.
2-Hid kit fitted to the standard headlights.
3-Projectors
4- Xenons??

I have no idea which is best and what is the diffrence between Projectors and Xenons

James

1. Try them, i have a set to go in my Cup, just not got round to doing it.
2. Gay, look like the usual chav in his Corsa/Astra
3. Projectors with a 5-6k HID kit is fine
4. You cant retrofit Standard Xenons to a non Xenon car. Looms are different, you then also need a fully loaded Xenon Cluster with ballasts (never seen any come up second hand)

better leave your headlight standard cos it clio cup, just goes for bulb upgrade or install Hid kit.

Standard headlamps with a HID kit is a big no no as it blinds other people and will almost certainly fail an MOT.

Proper Xenon setup will cost you a small fortune

So, either a bulb upgrade or projectors + HID kit. I went for the second option and am very happy with it

were did you get the projectors from and how much if you dont mind me asking, and piccys before and after

To replace the headlights to projector lights you need to remove the front bumper? Alots of work to fit prjector lights + hid kit?

I got them from a guy who used to come on this forum, he worked in the parts department at renault so got them 'cheap' at about £220 for the pair, brand new. You should be able to get them from twingogeekeo for a similar price

And yea you need to take the bumper off, it took me a couple of hours to replace my standard lights with the projectors + HID kit.

Yea the 197 bumper isn't too bad. Will take you 10 mins once you've found all the fixing bolts (about 5 under the bumper, 2 under the bonnet and one in each wheel arch)

Drove a 197 with projectors for the first time last night. Was quite impressed to be fair, nothing on xenons but for the price difference very good!

This are standard xenons.
You have to decide what do you prefer...

BR,

Attachments

• IMG_20110109_161831_small.jpg
    IMG_20110109_161831_small.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 31

Similar Thread Suggestions