197 front brake rattle/noise.

Hi.

Not had the Clio long but noticed that I'm getting a slight rattle from the front passenger wheel when there's a bump. But not when the brakes are applied though. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this or had any suggestions?

Cheers.

Sure you haven't got a spring clip missing from your caliper? Mine had one missing when I got it and there was a slight rattle.

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I noticed a rattle similar to the one you describe when going over rough surfaces. Faint, metallic, from the front left, can be heard only with the windows down.

I did the old 'kick the tyre test', and sure enough, the front right wheel is silent, the front left wheel though produces a slight metallic 'clink'.

On my old Megane II I had the same symptoms and the problem was indeed the brake pad springs that were loose. I just don't remember it making such a noticeable rattle, of course the brakes on that car were half the size of the 200.

Are these springs available as a separate part or do I have to get a full brake pad set to get them?

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I noticed a rattle similar to the one you describe when going over rough surfaces. Faint, metallic, from the front left, can be heard only with the windows down.

I did the old 'kick the tyre test', and sure enough, the front right wheel is silent, the front left wheel though produces a slight metallic 'clink'.

On my old Megane II I had the same symptoms and the problem was indeed the brake pad springs that were loose. I just don't remember it making such a noticeable rattle, of course the brakes on that car were half the size of the 200.

Are these springs available as a separate part or do I have to get a full brake pad set to get them?

the pads i have fitted never came with the clips and springs - they are a seperate kit (and cheaper)

Do you have a part number? Is this a Renault kit?

More importantly, is this a wear & tear item? Or is it covered by the warranty?

I'll ask the dealer if its covered under warranty first. :wink:

I confirmed its the brake pad springs by driving over a rough road and checking for the noise, when I press the brake pedal it goes away.