197 F1 team standard exhaust

Hi all,

I’m in the process of putting a 197 F1 back to standard and I need a standard exhaust from the cat back to replace a Scorpion system.

I can’t seem to find any brand new standard systems, only second hand on eBay. Does anyone know where I can get a brand new standard system from please?

Thanks, Darren

It will not come as a full one piece system you will only get that from the factory I do have a brand new rear box.
1603744082681.png1603742705724.png

The system will come:

Manifold, CAT, Middle Section, Back Box and I hope you have deep pockets if you want them brand new

A Genuine manifold is about £1000
1603743463633.png
1603743136706.png
1603743212613.png

Thanks mate. I only need from the cat back, so middle section and back box. Is your back box for sale by any chance?

I'm in N.Ireland and they would be hard to post I have rarely seen one for sale new in fact I've only seen two for sale in the last 5 years I bought mine at the start thinking it was like the 172 exhausts that only lasted about 2-3 years you can get an extra year if you painted the welds when they were new. I would get a used one and clean it up as the tips are the only visible part. Be very carefully buying any, a lot were cut the the wrong places the back box picture above is mine and the factory cut is 13" in a straight line from the seam as the picture shows the mid box can crack and rattle and is very difficult to fix as the pipe is thick and the end wall of the mid box is very thin so welding can blow holes in the thin part. Try and buy a complete one even if it has the cat on will always be better that having to buy the clamps to joint it the best fitting ones are the genuine Renault ones but check the manifold flexis as they can cause the most noise and slowly fail so the should increases slowly over time until your annoyed by it.