197 cup

Hello folks been on here a couple of months now and have owned my 197 cuo for two months now so thought id start my progress thread.

I used to own a phase 2 172 in iceberg silver which was striped out had a rear cage cobra imola seats 2118 alloys and a few other bits and bobs so it was pritty much a track ready car. be7ede5y.jpg

I purchased the car at the end of january its got full service mistory 56k on the clock and is quite a clean car. Before picking the car up i had the sidestrips and mirrors colour coded white to clean it up abit. Door handles have still to get done along with the rear difuser going gloss black and the alloys getting a refurb. pude9emy.jpgqu6e3asa.jpgegenu7e3.jpg

Last week i purchased h&r 30/40 springs and got set about fitting them today. Rear springs were easy took about 20 mins to fit due to bolts being abit rusty so we then moved onto the front pas side and it was a ballache the bolt holding the strut into the hub took ages to cum out loads of wd40 and a snap on gun and it cam out after a good hour or so. Went and got dinner for the boys helping and set about the driver side. Its even worse than the other. Decided to leave it till tomorow night amd try again. Anyone have any techniques we can try that would make it easier? Heres a few pics fron today 6enezeqe.jpg5ezege2y.jpguty4u3ah.jpgmyqy6e8y.jpgbe7ehyve.jpg

Will get back tomorow night hopefully with four springs on instead of three.

Looking good. If you was going to get the diffuser gloss black then maybe look at just finding a cheap 200 diffuser? Direct replacement and already gloss black.

Bit off-topic but whilst you're in there check your drainage and clean the drains out with a wore coat hanger or something.

The brown deposit and rust around the top mounts looks to me as a sign that water is pooling there instead of running away. Quite common, easy to solve. Takes 5 mins whilst you've already removed scuttle panel etc.

Check this thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?40201-**-Clio-Owners-PLEASE-read-HIGHLY-IMPORTANT-**

I used this guide, my driver's side was completely blocked, passenger part blocked/ http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?39924-How-to-remove-wipers-and-clean-scuttle-panel-area

So attempt number two was successfull on the driverside it now has all four lowering springs after some heat and a mash hammer. I also cleaned the dranage pipe as it was chocked solid. Thanks for the advice on that andy.

Will get some tomorow after a good wash did it in my mates unit which is up a farm road and was dark by the time we finished.

Can anyone help on how you go about getting camber on the front end? Not familiar with the set up. Would it be top mounts?

Picture update withe h&r springs pudahate.jpgtamaqe4u.jpghutehymu.jpg6agatubu.jpg

Took it out for a blast tonight and it feels alot better more solid to the road and handling is great. Didnt think ther would be much difference with just springs

Little update not much tbh just a bot of interior work. Purchased some carbon dipped dash strips and door handles make the interior a little less boring. ypuvy7yh.jpgju7ury2a.jpg

And a few pictures from a good drive up loch lomond and lochearnhead dubapyze.jpgvere5aja.jpgdyvugy9u.jpg

Also just ordered four syron street race tyre hopefully be here on wed and get the tracking done next weekend for the cliosport.net/197.net track night at knockhill

Nice touch with the door handle surrounds :smile: I have painted some interior bits and hadn't thought of them :wink:

Looking forward to fitting my lowering springs. Had them for about three weeks now but haven't had the time or the weather to get them done.

Got them all for a good price tbh. Makes a little difference. I had a bit of bother doing the fronts but what a difference. Love the way it handles.

So at the weekend i got the syron streetrace tyres fitted and the tracking done. Gave the car a good blast on sunday night and the tyres seem to be quite good. Then had the first track night in the car last night at knockhill with cliosport.net and 197.net car was faultless and handled really well and once the track dried up the tyres were really good.

Pics to fallow

[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] has used those tyres a lot and they were going to be my next choice if I didn't get the Nankangs.

Love me a odd tread pattern :smile:

Little update its been a while. Sort of lost intrest in spending money on the car but iv maned up again and started again. Saving for a house isnt good when u want to do things to your car.

So last week i had the wheels painted black. Something simple but i quite like it. And i also picked a brand spanking cup spoiler on cliosport.net for a bargain of £160. Guy bought it for his gfs alien green 200 but she didnt like it so a trip to stirling to collect. Got it painted today and fitted tonight. Was s**ting myself drilling the boot but all went well and it makes the back end alot better looking. Looked bald without it.

292cc96e3f3c5b04aaada43cd7f782c4.jpg
272cce86de3da2e7d37fb59b1242e46f.jpg
17cfa5c99b48096bfc8f821311684eed.jpg
d5e1e11e4e06fe43cd3a21ed9434afff.jpg
d613ec7e1f0d9ff378bee8a2dd58df00.jpg

Next some new discs and pads alround and braided lines. And get my cobra imolas in. Miss bucket seats.