197 body kit

hey people
ive just been wondering i drive a 2006 1.2 clio extreme and im jus wondering if i can put a 179 kit on it? and were could i buy the kit from and roughly how much it would be?? thanks :smile:

When you say body kit do you mean the full monty?

As in making a rep? Front and rear bumper, diffuser, wings etc or just the splitter and side skirts?

I am sure someone on ClioSport has done this. The rear wings on the RS are different, but it can be done. Look through the projecs section on CS, it was a black one.

The cost of bumpers skirts interior etc plus paint its far from worth it. As soon as you set off ppl know its not a 197.

You would need at least the following:

Front bumper
Front wings
Side skirts
Rear quarters
Rear bumper
Diffuser

That will be at least a couple of grand, definitely not worth it. Just save for a 197

Ye, it wouldn't look right either, the 197 has a wider track so you would need some big spacers. Plus the 197 has 5 studs, so you couldn't use the wheels either. Then there is the drum brakes that would look out of place.

yeah kinda no point. You can tell a mile away if its a replica. Interior and brakes and stance would give it away. Not even to mention when you put the foot down and nothing happened. Better to save up like earlier post said and just buy a 197.

The cost of bumpers skirts interior etc plus paint its far from worth it. As soon as you set off ppl know its not a 197.

LMAO @ Woodys worst nightmare '1.2 Clio sport'!

Seriously mate though whats the point? really??
Just buy a 197, you can get on cheep-as now on a 2006 plate.
Don't pretend to be something your not.

It can be done without the rear quarters, someone on CS has done it.

There is someone local to me who has a previous shape badged up to look like a 172 (2.0 16v bullets), but the cheapo alloys and rear drums make it a very obvious fake.

It's not allways about trying to fool people, Some people just like the look off the 197, but due to circumstances such as insurance costs some peoplecantafford a 197/200.

As long as it ain't badges as a sport then what's the harm.?

I had the anniversary kit on my mk4 golf but not because I wanted to pretend it was an aniversary but because it made the car look better.

I can see where you are coming from Jase.

I think it would probably look odd without having some serious money and time spent on it, in the mean time you could probably save the cash and in the same time afford to buy and run the cheapest 197.

I'd like to have a look at that one that has already been done and see what exactly was involved with it.

You could get rid of the mk3 Clio and get a mk 2, it would be much easier to make it look like a 182 then! Lol!

I agree jase BUT the money it costs to buy all he parts get them fitted and get them painted you might as well just got a 197 and paid the 3k insurance lol

When you can pick 197s up for sub 7k now you might as well just get the real deal.

Swings and roundabouts.