197 aero kit

samben

Gold Member
Hi all

just got myself a black 197 track toy

im looking for a cup spoiler, front lip and sideskirts

where is the best place to get these? Renault themselfs? Or can they be had cheeper elsewhere?

cheers
sam

I have the aero kit on my car and I've smashed the front splitter is there a cheaper one any were I could replace it with or are they all over £200 every were ?

I have the aero kit on my car and I've smashed the front splitter is there a cheaper one any were I could replace it with or are they all over £200 every were ?

I personally haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else, unless you get lucky on eBay, or a breakers as Chris suggested.

Ok thanks ,what about if I remove it will it of left holes or anything on the front were its been put on ? Cause it looks a bit **** broken and can't really afford a new one

I believe they are screwed on so they do leave holes when they've been removed, hence the reason we don't see many (any) second-hand ones for sale.

Seems a lot of money for a splitter that has minimal effect, especially when it's a track toy. Carbon mods do a carbon splitter kit so you can make your own splitter that is actually functional, another possibility.

Wow didn't know the whole kit was so expensive ! An I've caught the front on a raised rock around my back and caught the side skirt on a wheelie bin wheel which got trapped under the side and I couldn't pull it free so had to just drive off it in the end so damaged the side :worried: . Gonna be very expensive to replace all the damage then and won't have a hope of selling it as it is . I've lost about 2000 in less than a year from what I bought it for and also spent about a grand on repairs in the garage since owning it . Kind of regret buying this car now lol