197 - 3D Printing Ideas

Have the cup insert design just be an insert that slots to the back portion and allows support for taller cups, but does not sit in the cup hole if that make sense

Reactions: LB197
Thanks, im doing a few tests with it. Few bits in the garden to test how it handles water when it’s printed and a couple of bits to test the heat, more so i know myself what i can get away with like. I wanted to bend something and only took minimal heat to bend

I’ll get a couple more reels at some point and try abs, try a light blue one and see how it matches up to racing blue

Do you use a printer enclosure for abs? Someone mentioned that i might need to for it.

I have printed loads of bits without, biggest problem is difference in temperate that can cause it to warp or lift from build plate (you want the build plate to be very hot and use glue or some sort of adhesive).

It takes some patience to find the sweet spot, but once you have its brilliant, I've just had too many problems with PETG (but friends and others have not). I have a dry box and I keep all filament in sealed bags with silica gel bags in.

I have been making an enclosure using an IKEA Lacke table as a base and printing the bits needed, I now have plexiglass doors to fit to finish it off (but I've not printed in a while).

IMG_20210411_180540.jpg

I put LEDs on top of each one and I designed a feed from top to bottom so it's smooth and feeds from my dryer box at the top.

With the doors on it will keep temperatures nice and consistent, people say they had smell and fumes from ABS, I've had zero from Sunlu ABS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LB197 and Sean197
I have printed loads of bits without, biggest problem is difference in temperate that can cause it to warp or lift from build plate (you want the build plate to be very hot and use glue or some sort of adhesive).

It takes some patience to find the sweet spot, but once you have its brilliant, I've just had too many problems with PETG (but friends and others have not). I have a dry box and I keep all filament in sealed bags with silica gel bags in.

I have been making an enclosure using an IKEA Lacke table as a base and printing the bits needed, I now have plexiglass doors to fit to finish it off (but I've not printed in a while).

View attachment 147737

I put LEDs on top of each one and I designed a feed from top to bottom so it's smooth and feeds from my dryer box at the top.

With the doors on it will keep temperatures nice and consistent, people say they had smell and fumes from ABS, I've had zero from Sunlu ABS

Some setup that, i dont think my girlfriend would let me get away with it though [emoji23] ive just about got printer in the house haha.

I’ll give abs a whirl next then, the PLA has held up under the bonnet but i reckon in the summer it’ll do a flop [emoji23] ive had a few things even small bits lifting off the bed, rather annoying isnt it. Something to get the hang of anyway, enjoying playing around with it.

Some setup that, i dont think my girlfriend would let me get away with it though [emoji23] ive just about got printer in the house haha.

I’ll give abs a whirl next then, the PLA has held up under the bonnet but i reckon in the summer it’ll do a flop [emoji23] ive had a few things even small bits lifting off the bed, rather annoying isnt it. Something to get the hang of anyway, enjoying playing around with it.

The reason I used the IKEA table idea is I can still put legs on it if it's not on the desk, so I can put it in a corner.

Get some glue (I'm talking a pritstick) and out a nice thin layer over the whole bed, I use it for all prints.
Also get some Isopropyl Alcohol to then clean the glue off now and then.
Getting the bed level (get the uprated bed leveling springs too) also I use a 0.1mm feeler gauge (angled one) than paper to level (or get yourself a BLTouch to auto level in future).

You should be checking level before every print (I do it over each leveling spring screw).

I have done a few mods to mine like printed and made a direct feed using the OEM parts, also I made this anti-wobble mount for the Z-Axis screw, as this helps smooth out layer marks too (also it's proper cool, uses magnets and ball bearings to remove linear oscillation lol, the geek in me loves shit like that).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but if anyone can make an adaptor for the cup holders to fit a small can or 2 of Red Bull I'd be all over it.

Already sick of the cans falling over every few minutes.